Source in cm

Started by KyL, June 28, 2016, 12:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyL

I remember reading on the tg wiki that the "Source in cm" option in the OBJ tab of an object wasn't working properly.
Indeed it scales down the object by a factor of 10 instead 100.

Is there any news about this bug?

Cheers!

Matt

It hasn't been fixed yet. It still works the same way. Can you use the scale parameter as a workaround?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

KyL

This is what I am doing at the moment.

The thing is that we are working on a tool to have a seamless bridge between maya and terragen, and having to change the scale (x3) on each asset is going to be really painfull...  ::)

terp

Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but the wiki (edited Aug 2020), says the "source in cm" is still off by a factor of 10.   Is the wiki still correct, or has this bug been fixed?  Thank you!

sboerner

The wiki is still correct. I think there is some reluctance to fix this because it would create compatibility issues with legacy files.

terp

Quote from: sboerner on July 16, 2021, 11:10:16 PMThe wiki is still correct. I think there is some reluctance to fix this because it would create compatibility issues with legacy files.
Ah...thanks for replying.  This was really throwing us.

sboerner

No problem. I've found it's simpler to scale everything in the source applications so all assets can be brought into TG at 100 percent.