Prairie Sky

Started by zaxxon, June 30, 2016, 09:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

V3 clouds from the current TG alpha *(actually the prior alpha, not the current one as of this posting)*. Not the classic towering shapes, but the light scattering possibilities in V3 invites a lot of experimentation. Definitely a TIP (technique in progress)  ;)

Dune

Great sky, Doug. One minor thing; is it possible to take the scattered smaller cloud fragments out?

luvsmuzik

PRAIRIE :) (when we go to search for this image....we spell it this way?)

Great clouds btw.

zaxxon

Mispell noted  :-[!   I just fired my spell checker... :)

Ulco, good question, and something I've tweaked with repeatedly to clean up. Cloud sculpting is an art unto itself and TG provides SO many options to mess with. I wish Frank B was around to point the way...

Dune

I always have the idea you have to adjust the fractal (or better; a copy of it) so it's very contrasty and smallest sizes way up, so you get large chunks of whites, and use that to feed into the final density or inverse it and subtract from the main cloud fractal.

zaxxon

I emailed you a sample file, curious as to your take.

DocCharly65

These are beautiful pictures. I can really feel the vastness of the prairie.

kaedorg

Very nice clouds. Really great mood.

David

bobbystahr

Good stuff...very like the clouds here in the exact middle of North America..
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

Thanks guys.  TG's atmo engine keeps progressing far beyond my ability to utilize!

Hey Bobby, I know you are a Prairie dweller, so thanks for the comment, appreciate it! Seems fitting that you be at the center of Continent!  ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: zaxxon on July 01, 2016, 03:00:35 PM
Thanks guys.  TG's atmo engine keeps progressing far beyond my ability to utilize!

Hey Bobby, I know you are a Prairie dweller, so thanks for the comment, appreciate it! Seems fitting that you be at the center of Continent!  ;)

Safest place according to Edgar Cayce, and I was born here any ways...y never have to camp out in your home town was always my motto...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

fuzzyEuclid

I'm so very impressed with that image. Those clouds are fantastic. (It feels weird to use the word "fantastic" as it's not typically in my vocabulary, but there you have it!)