My TGD's won't load with the new update.

Started by Mandrake, August 31, 2007, 04:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandrake

Any ideas? Do I have a path wrong maybe..
I get errors on the heightfields, all the shaders are fine.

On 2'nd look, nothing loads TGD file read errors, on all tgd's

Buzzzzz

Mine works fine on PC are you on Mac? If so maybe there's a Mac user in the house?

Mandrake

Quote from: Buzzzzz on August 31, 2007, 05:02:23 PM
Mine works fine on PC are you on Mac? If so maybe there's a Mac user in the house?
Nope PC, Buzz

choronr

Do you have your Terragen Key in the right folder within the program?

Bob

Mandrake

Quote from: choronr on August 31, 2007, 05:49:39 PM

Bob

I got it fixed, on the new update I shortened the path to c:\tg2\
When I reinstalled to the default path, everything worked fine.

Buzzzzz

Quote from: Mandrake on August 31, 2007, 05:53:23 PM
Quote from: choronr on August 31, 2007, 05:49:39 PM

Bob

I got it fixed, on the new update I shortened the path to c:\tg2\
When I reinstalled to the default path, everything worked fine.

Good news! Glad I could help. LOL  ;)

Mandrake

Yep, thanksss Buzzz.  ;) Still seems like a bit of a bug though that should be fixable because the final version won't install to:\Terragen 2 Technology Preview (Deep)\
Maybe if I had left my project file directory, hold all files, tgd's, tgo's, bmp's and so forth, outside of Terragen, I wouldn't be having this problem.

edit
If I remember correctly, I think Matt and Jo released the last update on the Friday of a US 3 day holiday weekend. Hmmm :)

jo

Hi Mandrake,

Quote from: Mandrake on August 31, 2007, 06:16:57 PM
Yep, thanksss Buzzz.  ;) Still seems like a bit of a bug though that should be fixable because the final version won't install to:\Terragen 2 Technology Preview (Deep)\
Maybe if I had left my project file directory, hold all files, tgd's, tgo's, bmp's and so forth, outside of Terragen, I wouldn't be having this problem.

I don't think it's a bug, it's just that TG2 stores paths to files and if paths change then files can't be found anymore. We have the start of some stuff in place to help alleviate this, and make it easier for you change the locations of things as well as easier to share files with other people, but it isn't very useful yet. Anyway, it's more of an inconvenience than a bug.

If I remember correctly, I think Matt and Jo released the last update on the Friday of a US 3 day holiday weekend. Hmmm :)

Is it one this weekend as well? I live in New Zealand so I don't know. Are you saying I can have Monday off? Thanks! ;-).

Regards,

Jo

Mandrake

Sure you can have Monday off, but no I was saying that I know when the next release will be. ;)