We are the Borg

Started by DocCharly65, August 05, 2016, 06:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

We are the Borg. Being a big space bubble is futile!
Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be converted into blue nodes!

[attach=1]

Borg Cube by Chris on sifi3d
The big space bubble is (maybe I already told) a planet with only atmoshere (deactivated surface) , 3 cirrus layers and a light source in the middle.
Unfortunately moving the planet works only in TG3 so far. In TG4 the clouds and atmosphere don't follow the planet even when I activate translate and rotate textures with planet and move textures of clouds... So without starburst at the moment. Animation already at pixelplow  :)

Dune

DocCharly65

End of august I'll have a kind of "2 years TG3 professional license - anniversary"
I have planned to stick the "wildly placed teasers" together to a really big teaser close to the real/final film.

So all PCs keep my office temperature at tropic conditions  ;) and smaller jobs go to pixelplow to have free capacity at home.

I hope the idea is not too stupid but I think, the best is keep all my friends here in the forum informed and increase your knowledge slowly step by step and scene by scene.

Maybe the full film will be no surprise (except some extended scenes and of course the pointe... I hope you will not believe what you see :D )
But you all can say you could follow the whole developement of a one man project with successes and setbacks, changing ideas...
And I hope you can have fun while thinking about what's happening next...

Bullsh... (censored) I must change the plan "99.x % rendered in TG3"... already now big parts in TG4  ::)

yossam

This is the best "making of" I've ever seen.  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on August 05, 2016, 09:37:55 AM
This is the best "making of" I've ever seen.  :)

echo.....informative and entertaining...thanks.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

j meyer

Adds a new dimension to the term 'soap opera'. ;)

DocCharly65

Ok -- soap opera... that means we need a nanny - and a baby... a robot space baby!   8) ;D

Just a test...  animated it looks quite nice... I will see if I keep it.

[attach=1]    [attach=2]

I bought the Robot embryo model on CGTrader modelled by K_Models

Dune

Seems like your ideas are born like babies, every minute  :P

DocCharly65

Dune

DocCharly65

Kadri, you should know (or see because of Ulcos rolling eyes) how dangerous it is to give me any smallest hint of an idea...  8) ;) ;D ;D

But honestly 
1.) I didn't find a model of Norman Bates or his mom so far
2.) My "little" project has grown since the idea of the Klingon, Borg and the space ship armada to about 20 more animations.

There are still waiting some renders in the forest, in the desert, my "Silent Hill interpretation", the pool house, and the stargate (I don't know if the "storytellers cave" still matches the project).
Fortunately the space animations render very fast especially in TG4.

...a hotel room scene, you said? .... Mhhh... (that was a ambiguous, profound "Mhhh")  ;)

Kadri

:)

I haven't seen an object of the hotel room from 2001. Is there any?

DocCharly65

I'll watch the movie again.

I hope I'll find a DUCK!!!

;D ;D ;D

DocCharly65

Sorry Kadri, I checked 2001 last night and didn't find anything in the room that matches the story or even the style of my film project...

But if it placates you... I found something in 2010.
Guess how the movement of the discovery is planned:   ;)

[attach=1]

Rendering quite fast on TG4
After an eclatant mistake in all "allies"-renders I had to completely restart all renders (I told in Chris' post) , so I am happy about "high speed rendering"  ::)