fractal warp zero, but...

Started by Dune, September 01, 2016, 03:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I wonder what the fractal warp does, as I loose some information when plugging it in somewhere between surface shaders. If disabled I get vegetation on a slope restricted area alright, but when plugged in, and even when warp is zero and after all color nodes, I loose that slope information.

bobbystahr

Things that make y go hmmmm...Haven't had that happen yet..will watch out for it and a resolution in this thread.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

El Kabong

I doubt this would be of any assistance, but I got a "Oh, that's cool!" moment when tinkering around with stacked PFs.

Later, Ron

mogn

Dune

Kadri

A very basic example to play to would be nice Ulco.
Can't say anything for others but i would certainly have a closer look.

Dune

You might be right, Kadri. I'll see if I can dig it up again.

bobbystahr

a curious problem...I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it...I sometimes get 'lucky'
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hetzen

Surely you need to Compute Terrain after Fractal Warp?

Dune

Yes, perhaps, but I often don't use a compute terrain at all, and it still works. But that's before all the colors and small displacements come in. But then I still don't understand why the grassy layer disappears when fractal warp is zero. Something in that node messes things up.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on September 08, 2016, 02:02:19 AM
Yes, perhaps, but I often don't use a compute terrain at all, and it still works. But that's before all the colors and small displacements come in. But then I still don't understand why the grassy layer disappears when fractal warp is zero. Something in that node messes things up.

There was a thread when we talked about a node still affecting the underlying ones even when disabled.
You had to break the node links to get rid of it. Matt said it was by design i think.
Have you tried to disable the node without breaking the node links Ulco ?
It is maybe something similar. It isn't a solution but just curious the way it works.

Dune

I did, see first screendump. There it's really off. But I am just very curious how it works, what it does. Still haven't looked up the file.

Dune

Ah, yes, of course. Thanks very much Kadri. Age, I suppose  :P