Yay...but nay for grass

Started by DiscoBall, September 05, 2007, 08:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscoBall

Hey guys!

I'm back again :P This time with a render that looks good, but weird-ish. Shiny-ish.

The grass looks really shiny, the water doesn't look too good but I'm semi-satisfied with the atmosphere/clouds. I shall wait until the free version update comes to render the big photo :P

How's it look so far? (C&C encouraged)

By the way, I was also thinking of putting a cliff on the right hand side of the image...I didn't add it in yet because I wanted to check out the clouds.

rcallicotte

Pretty good start.  I'm working on clouds myself lately and think it's a matter of billows on mine. 

These look pretty good, though.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DiscoBall

Ahh...I tried for that more billowy look. Failed though, sometimes with too much billow you don't get godrays..

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

NWsenior07

I actually think that the gleam off the grass gives the impression that its wet, as if a rainstorm just passed through. I like it.

bigben

Try turning down the reflectivity on the grass.... lower tint (at least down to 0.5).... increase roughness. 

And it's "neigh" for grass  ;)

DiscoBall

Heh heh, alright I'll tone down the reflectivity just a teeny bit :)

Anyone know of any more grass models though? Trying to find a lush green, yet sort of dry kind. This one looks a bit too green (unrealistic).

Yes, those are 3d clouds.

And its Neigh if I have horses...^ ^

by the way, its 6 days till 'Talk Like A Pirate Day'

Ya harr me maties!