Last summer evening

Started by DocCharly65, September 08, 2016, 10:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

I found my old winter-Image and I could get the Daniil erosion filter to run again
(I had overseen a post where a new version was offered)

So I melted all the snow, changed some trees with some more matching to the shore like elders...
...some more ideas in my brain... I think I'll play with this always when I cannot see any spaceships anymore.
And I will NOT animate this - no robots, no spaceships... perhaps some ducks???  ;) ;D

[attach=1]

yossam

bobbystahr

Fine re-working...I sometimes change seasons in a scene and wind up, as you did here, with an even better one...nice place....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Antoine

I like it too, nice atmosphere !

David

masonspappy

Hannes

Very natural, Nils!
Sometimes it's a nice distraction to create things that are quite different from what you were doing during the last time, isn't it?

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Jo Kariboo

Good mod of the afternoon. But where are hidden ducks?  :D

luvsmuzik

This is great! Fantastic examples of terrain, clouds, object scale. Very realistic!

Dune

Nice redoing. But no ducks, please  ;)

DocCharly65

Thanks for all the nice comments... and... no (rubber-) ducks! - promised!  ;D

I'll take my time for this because I can only work some minutes per week on it.
I hope I will manage to keep the "muddy grass effect". It's my first grass ground without any plant object. I think some parts of the green are a bit too saturated. When finished I hope that you can hear the slightly wheel spin of the truck in your mind.

The reed field in the lake is an accident. I just put some paintstokes on a wrong place while creating a painted shader but I think I can do something with it.

I have still not decided if I'll add a small village far on the left and at the foot of the mountain on the right side. Perhaps I'll prefer some single farm houses, cottages or something like this.

Just step by step...  :)

inkydigit

very natural...great stuff, minor crit would be the weird cloud warp (it looks a bit unnatural imho), a reseed or 3 should fix that though..
cheers
J

DocCharly65

The "weekly update":
The jeep is stuck in the mud - Definitively!  ;)

[attach=1]

I am still unsatisfied with some things:
Mostly I hate the new yellow tree's sillouette. Though rotating is on 360° in the populator, they look too similar from all directions. I'll choose another tree type.
Top left behind the lake I want a little forest too...
If I find enough time some day I want to play with the grassy/muddy ground in the foreground. I hope I can keep it pure procedural without grass objects, because it decreases rendertime not to use 20-30 millions of grass instances like in my other renders  ;)
Perhaps some European beeches? Or another red tree species?
Perhaps I can manage to rotate the abandoned wooden house in the lake so that it gets some sunlight. Place is fix - I want it there!  8)
Because I have no animation plans, I could play with the TG4 easy clouds. Inkydigit is right with the warped clouds - but this will be one of the last steps.

Many things to do... But as I said: This will be a litttle WIP for relaxing and playing with TG4  :)

Hannes

Looks great Nils. I like the clouds. Looking forward to the next one.