Gila again

Started by yossam, September 09, 2016, 08:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Almost sounds like Gilligan.................... :)

bobbystahr

Nice one, exploring your new assets I see...lookin really good btw. If you say jesus backwards it sounds like sausage....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Actually this is very well done.

Kadri

Looks good.
The ground looks between real and only texture like. If you could break-displace it a little more.
There is a black render error line below too i think.

yossam

Where are you talking about Kadri? (black render line) It may be too much AO in the GI...........it was turned up a little. Some of the ground textures look really good with the bump or displacement map, some not so much. This one is one of the latter. One thing I have noticed, the maps will take larger values of bump or displacement without looking cheesy. Using these assets requires some fiddling...........it's not plug&play.  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on September 10, 2016, 11:24:33 AM
Where are you talking about Kadri? (black render line) It may be too much AO in the GI...........it was turned up a little. Some of the ground textures look really good with the bump or displacement map, some not so much. This one is one of the latter. One thing I have noticed, the maps will take larger values of bump or displacement without looking cheesy. Using these assets requires some fiddling...........it's not plug&play.  :)

I couldn't see what Kadri was talking about either and I zoomed all over looking for it...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

Could be related to tilling of the texture?

bobbystahr

Wow, you must have a monster monitor to have seen that....I'd have missed it even in the full size had you not out lined it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 11, 2016, 09:23:03 AM
Wow, you must have a monster monitor to have seen that....I'd have missed it even in the full size had you not out lined it.

It is more related to the brightness of the monitor probably. But 32" might help a little too  :P

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on September 11, 2016, 09:25:43 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on September 11, 2016, 09:23:03 AM

It is more related to the brightness of the monitor probably. But 32" might help a little too  :P

heh heh, 22 inch here...quite a difference. My max screen res is 1366x768
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

yossam

I didn't see it either..............Kadri must have xray vision.  :)  It could be a scan line................ :)

zaxxon

That's looking really good! You are definitely right about some experimentation with values in these maps being necessary, but you've made some very nice progress!

DocCharly65

Gila? Gilligan? Gillian?

Whatever!

I like it  :)