Dinotopia NYC

Started by Hannes, September 24, 2016, 05:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This image has absolutely no deeper meaning.
I found this nice and very detailed free model of a NY city block (I don't know, if this particular block really exists?!) at CG Trader. Some nice stuff there. But it was in 3ds Max format, so unfortunately not useful for a lot of people.
I collected some other free objects, used the fabulous NWDA dirt pack and created some models myself.

As far as I remember this is my third image, in which excrements play a role... :-[

Fred is a nicely detailed scan from Artec3d.com.

archonforest

Very cool and nicely done! :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

Great Image!
I'm trying to image what's going thru the mind of the maintenance work staring at the pile of cretaceous crap.   :o

luvsmuzik

HA! I must be the only one who sees Spidey on the roof! Love it!

Hannes

Thanks guys! Yes, the worker seems to have some work to do... ;D

Quote from: luvsmuzik on September 24, 2016, 09:25:06 AM
HA! I must be the only one who sees Spidey on the roof! Love it!

That was the last thing I added. Right in the last minute...

Dune

Absolutely hilarious. I love it. So much going on here. What's that person on the far right doing? Might be watering plants, or trying to find edible stuff in a dustbin...

Maybe some more wear and dirt on the collar?

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on September 25, 2016, 03:03:05 AM
Absolutely hilarious. I love it. So much going on here. What's that person on the far right doing? Might be watering plants, or trying to find edible stuff in a dustbin...

Maybe some more wear and dirt on the collar?

Thanks Ulco!
The character on the right was called bend over girl. It was the right position for finding stuff in the bin (I know some people in my real life who are doing this!!)

Do you mean the dino's collar? I thought about that. There's already some bumpmapping, but it's too soft I guess.

Dune

Yes, that's the one. Looks brandnew. Could of course, but knowing these dino's.... filthy animals.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on September 25, 2016, 03:11:00 AM
Yes, that's the one. Looks brandnew. Could of course, but knowing these dino's.... filthy animals.

You're right! A small thing to do, but worth the time!!

Hannes

Here is the weathered leather. And Stan Lee. Who finds him?

fleetwood

Great render. It may be the Dino's moment to shine if he can rescue Stan. Of course Stan may not even want to be rescued or prefer Spidey.

Hannes

...or he thinks thank god I don't have to clean the street! ;D

Dune

This is awfully cool. It's going into my favorite renders folder. A little sign 'no peeing on the grass' would have been a nice addition too. The cleaner really has that look and stance that you recognize; 'Not again, sigh'.

bobbystahr

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...made my morning. I found, some time ago, a Stan Lee model you could have used with the Spidey content...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist