Only 1 upgrade option for TG3 to TG4??

Started by AndyWelder, September 28, 2016, 08:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyWelder

I can't believe the TG product line options showing on my account pages are complete: As a "TG3 Creative" user I only have the option to upgrade to "TG4 Pro" or buy a new license for TG4 Creative regardless the fact that I'm already owner of a registered version of TG3 Creative!? Why can't I have an option to upgrade from TG3 Creative to TG4 creative? I don't need the extra's in the Pro version and also I don't have the doe to afford the expense of 268.86€. So, please tell me not all options I have to purchase TG4 are shown, there's been a terrible mistake, and point me to a link were I can purchase my copy of an upgrade to TG4 Creative, please!
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Matt

Hi Andy,

It'll just be a mistake in your account setup. We'll fix it and let you know.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

AndyWelder

:) :) :) The answer I was hoping for!! Thank you, Matt. Couldn't understand why, if this was the offer everybody received, there wasn't at least a minor disgruntled bunch vocalizing their  ??? in the forum and on other websites. You just made my day! Looking forward to find out what's in the basket for me.

Oshyan

Hi Andy,

According to our records you actually own Terragen 3 Professional, which you bought as an upgrade to Terragen 2, which did not have an upgrade path to TG3 Creative, only Professional. So that would mean there is indeed only one upgrade option for you now: to Terragen 4 Professional.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

Update: We've decided to add an option to upgrade/crossgrade to Terragen 4 Creative from Terragen 3 Professional. Note however that you will be *losing* some features by making this upgrade. You do gain the majority of the TG4 features, including the new real time preview and improved cloud shading, but you will no longer have access to render layers and other Professional features. The product feature comparison for TG3 still shows these differences accurately for TG4, except that some cloud acceleration options do now work in Creative for the newer cloud shading model and Easy Clouds:
http://planetside.co.uk/products/tg3-product-comparison
The new website will be available soon with more info.

- Oshyan

AndyWelder

Sorry for not paying attention and so causing you and Matt extra work.
After checking out the comparison chart I think I prefer to stay with the "Pro" version; I wouldn't want to miss the "GIC to disk" option for instance. Now that means I'll wait and do some more saving and postpone an upgrade of my PC. Choices, choices...

Matt

Quote from: AndyWelder on October 01, 2016, 04:42:49 PM
Sorry for not paying attention and so causing you and Matt extra work.
After checking out the comparison chart I think I prefer to stay with the "Pro" version; I wouldn't want to miss the "GIC to disk" option for instance. Now that means I'll wait and do some more saving and postpone an upgrade of my PC. Choices, choices...

GI Cache to Disk is included in TG4 Creative (because TG4 includes features that were previously only in the Animation module), so you don't need to buy Professional for that reason.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Oshyan

Yes, that's one important case where the old comparison table is inaccurate. Can't wait for this new website. :D

- Oshyan