Deer&Ivy

Started by yossam, September 28, 2016, 06:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Who said the ivy generator wouldn't work in Windows 10? This is the same file I posted about 3 or 4 years ago and it worked fine.  :o

DocCharly65

Very nice! But the background looks a bit boring...

;D ;D
Sorry  -  bad joke... Know that this was a test  ;) ;D

Hannes

I like it. This Ivy generator is really a fantastic little program. I love it, when I click on a certain point in the scene, hit "grow", and watch it doing its work. Great, that adjusting the density and size of the leaves in possible afterwards.

archonforest

Quote from: Hannes on September 29, 2016, 08:38:24 AM
I like it. This Ivy generator is really a fantastic little program. I love it, when I click on a certain point in the scene, hit "grow", and watch it doing its work. Great, that adjusting the density and size of the leaves in possible afterwards.

Is this a standalone program or a 3rd party for another software?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

As far as I know it's both. There's a standalone version, where you can import objs to grow the ivy on, but there are plugin versions as well.

archonforest

Quote from: Hannes on September 29, 2016, 08:54:58 AM
As far as I know it's both. There's a standalone version, where you can import objs to grow the ivy on, but there are plugin versions as well.

Whatever I found so far it was a 3rd party one. Can you pls tell me the exact name of the standalone software?

yossam

Here you go.............far as I know this is the latest standalone version. There is no 64 bit, only 32. This was derived from the "original" program. It was made multithreaded where the original was not.

http://vivec3d.com/3d-ivy-generator-2012/

archonforest

Quote from: yossam on September 29, 2016, 09:19:31 AM
Here you go.............far as I know this is the latest standalone version. There is no 64 bit, only 32. This was derived from the "original" program. It was made multithreaded where the original was not.

http://vivec3d.com/3d-ivy-generator-2012/

Fantastic! Thx yossam. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on September 28, 2016, 06:49:50 PM
Who said the ivy generator wouldn't work in Windows 10? This is the same file I posted about 3 or 4 years ago and it worked fine.  :o

Can't recall who said that but I've used it on every windows since XP with great enjoyment and success. Nice work on the deer, that would look great in an open spot in a dense woods.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist