Where to find commercially free models that work well with TG ?

Started by Jgone, September 29, 2016, 01:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgone

I am super sure that this is a FAQ but i just can't find what i'm looking for.

Is there a site where people share .tgo's or whatnot that work well with terragen (buildings, plants, animals etc) ?
I know a few sites, but most of them have way too limited sections for terragen.

They don't necessarily have to be commercially available, but it would be a huge plus.
I'm not a huge nerd when it comes to my rights so i'm pretty afraid to use anything that doesn't give me pretty much full permissions, and i do not want to make people angry  ::).

So tldr; Free models that work well with TG, where ?
Already know of xfrog and this forums file sharing section.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Apart from TGOs you can import OBJs and FBX as well. So a Google search for free models should present you loads of free models. Most of the time the conditions are described.

Oshyan

Note that you cannot import FBX *models* at this time. Only camera/lighting data and animation. You can *export* terrain geometry in FBX though...

- Oshyan

Hannes

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on September 29, 2016, 07:09:01 PM
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I never used FBX so far.

but there's an open source app that loads .fbx and saves a decent .obj out
http://www.open3mod.com/
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jgone

Thanks a metric ton you all :) ! Hopefully these few new objects take my renders to the next level.

Upon Infinity

I got a hero rock sample pack available free for personal use that contains .tgo's.

http://www.uponinfinity.com/index.php/product/art-rocks-sample-pack/

I will be releasing more free models, some even for all purposes (including commercial), "at some point".  I'll probably leave an announcement in the Open Discussion when I do.