New renderer

Started by yossam, October 03, 2016, 11:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Don't know if any of you have a need for this..............

http://www.instantlightrt.com/

N-drju

I'm not really sure how a renderer can be sold as a separate product, rather than being just an application fixture... :P How can you use it then, say, in Terragen? Or Maya or any other program? Is this renderer intended to be used as a tool for gaming industry? I can't find too much information on its main purpose.

For any purpose other than that I would never buy or use another renderer since all programs I have do a pretty cool job with all the images. Every program has some kind of renderer so...?

Besides, that character in one of their pictures looks just lousy... It could have been far better if done with a highly-realistic iRay renderer that is in-built in DAZ Studio 4.8. Gee, even 3Delight could make it better. ::)

I guess some people may have a need to use it but without knowing what it was designed for it's hard to tell.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

mhall

TG doesn't support external renderers, but there are many ...

RenderMan, Lux, VRay, Maxwell, Mitsuba, Octane, Arnold, Redshift, Indigo, Cycles from Blender and more.

A render engine takes scene input and converts it into the final image representation. Things like shader implementations are usually unique to the engine, so you usually have to shade for the engine you are using (for example, TG's surface layers, etc. work only in TG) but image maps are typically widely supported.

You couldn't use this (or any other engine) in TG because TG is not written to support external engines. But many packages are (Max, Maya, Modo, Lightwave, Blender, etc., etc.) all support the use of external render engines.

Some renderers are better at certain things than others, so a person could choose the rendering engine that best suits their needs and preferences.

This particular rendering engine that Yossam posted about is a "real time" render - claiming to support real-time GI and PBR surfacing (Physically Based) in real time. I don't know anything more about it than that - never heard of it before.