Inspiration

Started by Buzzzzz, September 06, 2007, 11:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

That looks like a real image.....nice find...

just a concern??....how is one going to approach the idea of making the hurricane??....masking??....

and just a thought.....we should have a sub-forum just for inspirations.....I am sure that will help a lot in terms of "actually getting inspired"
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

I tried to do a hurricane using function nodes, but that blew render times *way* out of the water.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

nvseal...are you paying attention?  We need your expertise.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

I've been trying get these kinds of results for a long long time. To put it mildy, its FREAKING hard!  ;D However, I think I'm getting closer. The hurricane is a hard thing (if not impossible) to recreate without using mask a functions.
That is a great picture though Buzzz. It is pictures like this which keep inspiring me to continue (I also have faith that TG 2 has the potential to do amazing things). I collect TONS of pictures like this for reference purposes (and they just look cool  ;)).

Edit: I've been looking at their other images. They've got a lot of good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Buzzzzz

Quote from: nvseal on September 07, 2007, 02:51:32 PM
I've been trying get these kinds of results for a long long time. To put it mildy, its FREAKING hard!  ;D However, I think I'm getting closer. The hurricane is a hard thing (if not impossible) to recreate without using mask a functions.
That is a great picture though Buzzz. It is pictures like this which keep inspiring me to continue (I also have faith that TG 2 has the potential to do amazing things). I collect TONS of pictures like this for reference purposes (and they just look cool  ;)).

You will get there I'm sure.  :)  I was thinking (Oh My God! That's a scary thing!)  njen's ring clouds clip might work if you increase all the scales? Not sure?