Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

Well done Planetside! Looks great!

Dune

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kadri

One of the new trendy designs that i don't like much.
But it looks modern in that way probably.

Oshyan

Thanks guys (except Kadri, you're mean ;) ). It's still a work in progress in a few ways, but it's a much better platform upon which to build than what we had before. Here's to the bright future...

- Oshyan

Kadri

LOL! It sounds mean i know. But really i don't like these kind of designs. It is subjective of course.
I have a website that is waiting to be made. Webdesign is hard to do (if you don't use templates etc.).
So i know the hard work :)

Some more direct criticism that sounds at least more helpful hopefully:

*I don't like parts that pop up or vanish or change size when you move in the pages like the upper part and the kinda floating back image.

*We use mostly widescreens now. The browser takes some part of the upper part already out of the useful page area.
So i like pages that have the links on the left side to get a higher reading part for the rest of the page.
Designing for PC and smartphones etc. is hard too probably if you think about those too.

Just these two things makes that page more likable for me from the start.

And it looks modern so i didn't mean that it is bad, only not the design i prefer.
I seriously doubt that i could make a better one and it looks certainly pleasant to the eye (i should have said this in my earlier post)  :)

Oshyan

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions Kadri. There are so many factors and elements to balance, good design is definitely a challenge! We'll keep all this in mind as we evolve the site. :)

- Oshyan

Dune

Yes, Kadri is right about this:
QuoteThe browser takes some part of the upper part already out of the useful page area.
and the preference for buttons on the side. I did that on my site, but I also modded my browser such that the minimum of space is used at the top (about 10%). You can throw a lot of that topstuff out, at least in Firefox. Most people probably don't though, and you have to take that into account.

bobbystahr

I liked it...found navigation for me was easy and I like the style so well done from me!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist