WaterWorks issue

Started by redstamp, September 07, 2007, 09:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redstamp

Should be simple - but I've tried everything ???

Am trying to apply a mask to the Waterworks Ice Shelf Plugin.  NO matter what I do I cannot seem to get it to work.
I can get a mask to work in another TG file with another plugin (Sorta Surf), so I can't imagine it's my PC or software versions - but cannot get the mask to work on this file with the Ice Shelf plug-in.
I have resorted to trying a completely black box to see when the mask finally applies.
I have checked the Use Mask box and set the correct terrain size and loaded the .bmp file, with no error messages.
I have tried using the Water works mask generator and creating the file from scratch.
I have tried saving the image from Photoshop and PSP9.
I have tried saving as 8-bit greyscale, 8-bit index, 24-bit RGB etc etc. (always Windows BMP format)
I have tried deleting the Plugin and starting again.
I have tried saving the Plugin settings and starting again.
I have tried all different levels of depth with and without mask applied.

The only result is that the Ice Shelf depth setting is rigidly applied with NO exceptions.

Can anyone help before I tear the last of my hairs out - please....

Jon

Oshyan

I don't recall for certain but it's highly possible the mask function simply doesn't work in the current release of WaterWorks. Jo would be the only one able to confirm this I think.

- Oshyan

Kevin F

redstamp

Kevin,

Jo answered an email confirming he thought this was correct that the masking function doesn't work with Ice Shelf in the curect release.

Got around the issue by simply putting the land close to water surface in areas I wanted to mask.

Jon

Kevin F