Update download?

Started by Buzzzzz, September 07, 2007, 02:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

Hi choronr,

Quote from: choronr on September 07, 2007, 05:50:59 PM
I have selected EDIT> PREFERENCES> SEARCH FOR UPDATES; and, received a pulsing message that updates are available for download. I click on the message; but, it continues to pulse with no action; no download. In fact, it pulsed 162 times until I had to log off to stop the action. ?????????????

What do you mean by "a pulsing message"? Can you please describe it more clearly?

Regards,

Jo

rmfrase

I did receive the patch and have installed it.  However, I also installed an additional Gig of memroy (2 Gig Total) onto my system.

I attempted to start a render of 12,000 x 6,000 and received a popup Error Message:  unable to (something) pixel (something.)
and it aborted.  (basically, telling me it is way too big.)

But I thought the render size was based upon memory?  (could be wrong on that...)

I went down to 10,000 - and it aborted with a error warning message (quite nice looking too!)

It accepted the 8,000 x 4,000 pixel image and is currently running.

-Robert

But I see that the following link answers my issue regarding Massive Size
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=805.0

Buzzzzz

Still waiting.......................... Is there an extra fee we have to pay to get the update email??

choronr

Hi Jo,

As I described, clicked EDIT> PROPERTIES> UPDATES - then, a dialog box comes up and pulsates until you click on download. However, clicking on it wouldn't work. I had to log out. Later on in the day, I entered the program again; and, I got the message 'New updates are available...'. I clicked on download and received the update.

I hope this will clarify things.

Bob

Matt

There was a problem earlier today with the check for updates feature. I fixed the download script and it should now be working correctly. I don't know if this was the cause for the problems encountered by choronr.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

Buzzzzz, can you check your spam folder? The email was sent a few hours ago by John McLusky. Alternatively, use the "check for updates" feature in Preferences.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

choronr

Thanks for looking into this Matt and JO. All is working well now; and, after doing some new crop renders, shadow softness and object smoothing appeared to be greatly improved. Thank you.

Bob

mogn

Thanks for the new update!

Seth

is the update for everybody or just for the pre-purchase people ?
i tried several times to get it by TG2 but it says there is no new update...   :)

cyphyr

Just for Pre Purchasers at the moment. The free version will be updated later in the month.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Seth

peejay

the first update (19031) installed fine, the second (19041) crashes complaining about a missing or corrupt cab file, which is pretty weird, cos if that was the case why did the first one work? Any ideas?
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

Jane

Is this the one that goes from V. 1.9.03.1 to 1.9.04.1?  If so, open TG and go to preferences software update and its there.
Jane

Buzzzzz

Quote from: peejay on September 08, 2007, 06:14:43 AM
the first update (19031) installed fine, the second (19041) crashes complaining about a missing or corrupt cab file, which is pretty weird, cos if that was the case why did the first one work? Any ideas?

Hi peejay,

I had the same problem on the first attempt at updating. I figured something got missed in the download transfer so I downloaded the msi (Setup File) again and the install went fine on the second try. Good Luck

Jay

Buzzzzz

Quote from: Matt on September 07, 2007, 10:14:01 PM
Buzzzzz, can you check your spam folder? The email was sent a few hours ago by John McLusky. Alternatively, use the "check for updates" feature in Preferences.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I have two email accounts, one on my web host and the other on my isp verizon. Both are received by Outlook Express on my machine. I checked both by logging in directly to the sites and nothing in my spam folders. The email I sent yesterday to registration at Planetside was sent via my verizon account. I also asked for my email address to be updated in your database to the address that I sent the email from. In the event that you have a old address. Perhaps my email is in your spam folder?

I got the update, thanks but I would appreciate if you would look into what email address you have on file for me.

Thanks for your reply
Jay