Rocks, sand, dirt

Started by Martin, December 04, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

A few more renders, took a lot of time rendering them yet not the best results. No time for tweaking though.
I can't find out what's the problem with the organic land scene.There are 5 different "plants" in the scene. all of them has it' own colour shader and self illumination shader. BUT! When they're all switched on only 1 gives of light. If I switch of one another one start glowing. I have no idea what's going on.

Martin

Okay , I'm stuck with the organic land. The illumination just won't work. I have no idea what's wrong.

The warpland looks interesting though, totally forgot that terragen has spotlights(I've used them before though)
It gives a kind of "exploring an alien planet"atmosphere

Martin

A few minutes of post processing 

Martin

This one reminds me of the forbidden planet

Martin

Dropped the geonosian spire shader on the terrain.
I finally found out a way to make the self illuminated organic scene work, but sadly my pc froze for no apparent reason while rendering.(I still had a lot of unused memory so I'm not sure...sometimes terragen just freezes my computer.)

I like the old fifties scifi movies , those matte paintings and miniatures have a really nice other worldly  feeling.
also my favourite write is Arthur C.Clark, his space odyssey books are amazing. And the movie 2001 odyssey is still the best at portraying the silent coldness and vastness of space. I think I will try to make a little short movie using terragen renders, and composite animation in a similar style.

DocCharly65

organic 3j ist very good and intersting in my eyes!
organic 5j would be nicer if the background would have a less detailed look or without the mountains.

Martin

I will work on that organic picture. I was happy I could fix the problem with the self illumination, didn't have time to tweak it properly though.

Tried the glass shader:

Martin

Retextured an older world machine terrain.
I used the old volcanic sand shader

Martin

Matt

Artist of the Month award* goes to... Martin!

*We don't have an AOTM award, but if we did...
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bobbystahr

This last series is your best so far, the closeup details are stunning and the wide shots give a great feel for MartinWorld...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

Quote from: Matt on January 13, 2017, 10:14:14 PM
Artist of the Month award* goes to... Martin!

*We don't have an AOTM award, but if we did...

aww haha, thanks! Good to hear people like my work!: )