Rocks, sand, dirt

Started by Martin, December 04, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Very nice thread with lots of interesting and promising work, I especially like the lunar renders and how you dealt with the brightness/contrast there :)

These last renders remind me of a guy from the TG0.9x days, called 'martinjbirk' ;)

Martin

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 17, 2017, 07:41:47 PM
Very nice thread with lots of interesting and promising work, I especially like the lunar renders and how you dealt with the brightness/contrast there :)

These last renders remind me of a guy from the TG0.9x days, called 'martinjbirk' ;)

Thanks! :)
Found his work on other sites. Really nice photorealistic renders from all the way back in 2009.

Martin

Okay, I let terragen render last night, so I have a few new pictures.
well..a lot.

Martin

- More extraterrestrial  renders

Martin

And World machine heightfields with terragen shaders.

Martin

the rest:

Martin

Sorry for the picture flood, I can't post them all in one post

Martin

....more

Martin

Make sure you check the rest above--I posted a lot today: )

Martin

Made a new rock formation from scratch, and more extraterrestrial renders

bobbystahr

Now that's an interesting world to explore. Wonder what kind of vegetation would grow there. Wild twisty trees is my first thought.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 19, 2017, 08:39:39 AM
Now that's an interesting world to explore. Wonder what kind of vegetation would grow there. Wild twisty trees is my first thought.

Which one? The desert? The warpfield? Or the forbidden planet?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on January 19, 2017, 09:45:34 AM

Uh, the most recent the Desert scenes. Ade made a Twisty Tree that is suitably barren and leafless to suit this environment.
But apparently he didn't share it here, maybe on the FB Terragen Gallery page if you have FB access.If you want it he says I can share it. Was so long ago he no longer has it on his drive...but I like it as a well distorted tree. If you want it send me an email to:
  bstar at mts dot net
and I'll send you a dl link
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 19, 2017, 09:51:44 AM

Uh, the most recent the Desert scenes. Ade made a Twisty Tree that is suitably barren and leafless to suit this environment.
But apparently he didn't share it here, maybe on the FB Terrageb Galery page if you have FB access.

Hmm it's my simplest scene yet. Just some rock towers with 3 perlin billow displacement map.
I downloaded a free tree obj, I don't have time making my own model now, so I'll try a dead tree population.

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 19, 2017, 09:51:44 AM

But apparently he didn't share it here, maybe on the FB Terragen Gallery page if you have FB access.If you want it he says I can share it. Was so long ago he no longer has it on his drive...but I like it as a well distorted tree. If you want it send me an email to:
  bstar at mts dot net
and I'll send you a dl link

Thank you! I'm trying to make a test render with the free tree obj I've found on the net , but the damn thing crashes second time in a row. Just lost 5 7 hours renders:S