Rocks, sand, dirt

Started by Martin, December 04, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Thanks.
What i mean is just disable all the planets etc. and leave only the sun and the object and render.
Should be no problem in the free version.

Martin

Quote from: Kadri on January 22, 2017, 03:06:41 PM

Thanks.
What i mean is just disable all the planets etc. and leave only the sun and the object and render.
Should be no problem in the free version.

But then there would be no interaction , shadow with the scene, clouds, atmosphere ,  GI etc. It would be easier to just paint it. I  think I'll just   do that.

Oshyan

I'm not sure if you were saying you were adjusting settings *during a render*, but if so that's definitely not something you should do. That's the one big error in the GeekAtPlay videos, and I hope they correct it in the near future. Although it is technically possible to change settings while rendering (i.e. the system does not prevent it), it definitely leads to instability and is not an officially supported action.

- Oshyan

Martin

Quote from: Oshyan on January 22, 2017, 04:14:44 PM
I'm not sure if you were saying you were adjusting settings *during a render*, but if so that's definitely not something you should do. That's the one big error in the GeekAtPlay videos, and I hope they correct it in the near future. Although it is technically possible to change settings while rendering (i.e. the system does not prevent it), it definitely leads to instability and is not an officially supported action.

- Oshyan

oops I knew it will be easy to misunderstand. No, I was rendering one scene while I was tweaking settings in  ANOTHER  terragen file.
I know it's not a wise thing to change settings during a render : )

Martin

More desert rock renders, with less post work. :)

Martin

It was silly to use voronoi cells as displacement in the past, colour adjust with simple perlin billow noise is an amazing displacement tool!

Martin

Yeah, I'm finally satisfied with my rocks. This is the kind of rock formation I was trying to do for a long time.

luvsmuzik

Very Nice!

Numbers 10 & 11 displaced with chess pieces, right? Those are awesome. Good job!

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 23, 2017, 09:03:43 PM
Very Nice!

Numbers 10 & 11 displaced with chess pieces, right? Those are awesome. Good job!

haha they do look like chess pieces! lol

AP

Yes, the last three.

DocCharly65

NEWDESERTROCKS5 trees 18 j / 26 j and 27 j  are my new favorites :) very cool!

Martin

Rocks!

luvsmuzik

By Jove, I think you've got it too! BTW #19 has great lighting, ground terrain, and love the mist cloud? layer.

Martin

I have to say I was wrong. You can get nice results with obj trees in terragen.

AP

The latest with the trees are a welcoming addition. The previous seem reminiscent of Wadi Rum in Jordan.