Scripture Bluff

Started by zaxxon, December 04, 2016, 11:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

I like how you took a perfect image and made it more perfect. I usually start sliding backwards at that point. Well done man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

masonspappy

Beautiful image.  Especially interested in your tree models (deriving new models from an existing model)

yossam

How the hell did I miss this...............great image.  ;D  I would like to see your workflow on the trees myself.  :-X

zaxxon

Thank's so much for all of the wonderful comments! There is a back story to the image, but it's a bit involved and I'm not sure whether it would aid or distract...

Here's a link to a short youtube video showing the steps in putting this together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nTq8UvlPtc

A video of the tree construction is possible, and I'll put it onto the to do list.  :)

Oshyan

Great breakdown Doug! We've posted it to our social media. I wish more people would do these for their best images, they're always fascinating.

- Oshyan

Dune

That's a cool way of showing the setup, Doug.

Hannes

Wow, Doug, I totally missed that one. Fantastic image! Ultra real and great video!!

Jo Kariboo

Beautiful!!! Superb work at all levels. I find that the addition of these clouds reinforces the composition at the graphic level.

bobbystahr

Very cool breakdown Doug. Shared the youtube on my FB page so folks outside of this forum can share my amazement.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

ADE

cant fault it...looking good

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 03, 2017, 02:51:57 AM
That's a cool way of showing the setup, Doug.

Yeah, just turning on layers by keyframe...tickeled me pink as well...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Doug got me occupied too, just made a new intro to my website. Thanks for the idea, Doug.

bobbystahr

Wow, must have been so blown away by the clouds I forgot to say wow...and a happy newt's ear to you as well Doug...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 05, 2017, 12:18:40 PM
Doug got me occupied too, just made a new intro to my website. Thanks for the idea, Doug.

Wow, word of the day for me...that really sparkled up your welcome page...nicely done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New