Materials test WIP

Started by Hannes, December 22, 2016, 05:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Trying to create a material library. Everything procedural so far. I'll do some more and will share the materials when they're done. Might be helpful for newbies or maybe even for one or another advanced user.

Rumburak

Looking great. Very nice collection of procedural materials.

Dune

Good show, Hannes. Would indeed be handy to have, without having to make it all.

archonforest

Wow this is awesome Hannes!!!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

t0mr1ddle

really usefull! waiting for it.

fleetwood

This idea came up before. I've always thought it was good. Hope there is more support for it now. 
I'd at least like to see a sticky for materials get created, even if there is no agreement about any standards.

There was a long discussion here with some of the previous thoughts.   http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,19798.0.html

Kadri

Could be very useful indeed Hannes. Nice.

dorianvan

I definitely will be interested.
-Dorian

DocCharly65

Looks in fact very useful!
Great, Hannes!

bobbystahr

Great idea Hannes, this old colourblind dude would dearly love to have one with named basic colours as well as these cool samples so far.
I realize I'm a tiny minority as not many colourblinds get into colour art but it sure would save me time from looking the numbers up in my 'Dare to Imagine' handbook.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

That is a very good start Hannes. In your examples your object mod is multi-surfaced with different angles to give examples of possibilities for same.

For me, everything works great inside of a black box, but this is a terrain program and your examples will be very useful. I hope this can be continued.

AP

Quote from: fleetwood on December 22, 2016, 07:52:27 AM
This idea came up before. I've always thought it was good. Hope there is more support for it now. 
I'd at least like to see a sticky for materials get created, even if there is no agreement about any standards.

There was a long discussion here with some of the previous thoughts.   http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,19798.0.html

I remember seeing that thread but it did not take long for it to be buried. If I ever have my cloud project finished soon, I know I have a few materials to share that I made and archived.

Hannes

A very unpleasant shader for the dermatologists out there.
(Warped voronoi setup (veins) by Ulco)

AP

There just simply is not enough lotion in the world for that problem.

Dune