Underwater file share Oleg S

Started by luvsmuzik, January 04, 2017, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I know. But it's very simple, just leave all as is, but select the windows' vertices and rename them as a different material. Then in UV mode clear the selected vertices out of the map. They needn't be mapped for glass, and in my experience it's always better to get them out of the existing map then. In TG add a glass shader to the second material, first one can stay as is.

luvsmuzik

low quality render
trying a work around on sunlight visibility underwater
Neptune - Louvre Museum (Low Definition) by Benjamin Bardou is licensed under CC Attribution
Fern tgo

bobbystahr

serene, yet violent simultaneously..well done, heh heh...Nice work, I'd continue tweaking this, you're heading in the right direction.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yes, good start. You don't even need a water plane in circumstances like this.

DocCharly65

Oh - the last one is a very good start!

luvsmuzik

Thanks Doc Charly and Dune!

Trying a couple of things while retaining the orginal version as well.

In the first image above I put the sand highlights in post render, using a layer  for the highlights with opacity reduced to about 30%.
So then I am thinking why can't I apply that as an image map on a  surface layer? So I tried it. I used a til-able water texture that I colorized to a sandy gold. (Leaving it blue was a real mess) I must say I am okay with it, but still experimenting. It is on the same layer as my FSS and now they are too dark. I don't know how to adjust that.

My next endeavor I am going to try to apply the foam clip to see what that does, as all I really want is a lighter voroni pattern bouncing on the sand, similar to the clouds above.

Some samples shown.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 06, 2017, 08:41:53 AM
Thanks Doc Charly and Dune!

Trying a couple of things while retaining the orginal version as well.

In the first image above I put the sand highlights in post render, using a layer  for the highlights with opacity reduced to about 30%.
So then I am thinking why can't I apply that as an image map on a  surface layer? So I tried it. I used a til-able water texture that I colorized to a sandy gold. (Leaving it blue was a real mess) I must say I am okay with it, but still experimenting. It is on the same layer as my FSS and now they are too dark. I don't know how to adjust that.

My next endeavor I am going to try to apply the foam clip to see what that does, as all I really want is a lighter voroni pattern bouncing on the sand, similar to the clouds above.

Some samples shown.

I dunno if you've seen this but I find it very handy...a caustics generator for free:

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/a5d0baf6e4200ccc82d6595692a0d36a/58bd84c0/2bfc4/4/1?tsf=0
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Done and done. Thanks bobby! I think my paint program does this too, I used to make a little water (groan) back in the day as well. Animated water jpg, remember?

Edit: put the FSS on a new layer, now have them back!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 06, 2017, 10:58:06 AM
Done and done. Thanks bobby! I think my paint program does this too, I used to make a little water (groan) back in the day as well.

Edit: put the FSS on a new layer, now have them back!

as you get older you make a lot more water every day,,,hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

More what I was after here.
This is the corrected FSS layer and image map on default terrain.
Still going to try the foam clip or maybe a new caustic generator one..4 hour render due to quality and top cloud layer, but I can live with that.
Now to make some kelp....haha

Jo Kariboo

That looks good. The scene gets closer to an underwater!  :)

bobbystahr

Agree, the effect is striking. Did you vary size on the ferns?...looks a bit planted all at the same time.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Thanks Jo!

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 06, 2017, 05:57:21 PM
Agree, the effect is striking. Did you vary size on the ferns?...looks a bit planted all at the same time.
Thanks bobby! I should do that I guess. I was debating to leave them or no, but I do kind of like them. Guess nobody trims underwater, ha!