Underwater file share Oleg S

Started by luvsmuzik, January 04, 2017, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Tried this one with a few adjustments. Deleted the diver and substituted texture with file share by Dragonfire.
Oleg S Underwater.tgd
AP crabgrass tgo
BobbyStahr  crystal tgo

Asking Bobby Stahr about this cause I know you did one. Would your crystal object take a reflective shader and show under this dense atmo?

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 04, 2017, 12:45:24 PM
Tried this one with a few adjustments. Deleted the diver and substituted texture with file share by Dragonfire.
Oleg S Underwater.tgd
AP crabgrass tgo
BobbyStahr  crystal tgo

Asking Bobby Stahr about this cause I know you did one. Would your crystal object take a reflective shader and show under this dense atmo?

I really don't know having never tried that...give it a go and post a result, y got me hooked...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

New setup, TG4 clouds.
I like both versions, but WIP.

luvsmuzik

Then the kid in me just can't be serious all the time.

mhaze Columnar rockface terrain
AP More moss

Dune

bobbystahr

Indeed they are...you're making nice headway with underwater...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on January 08, 2017, 11:58:19 AM
Those are pretty cool.
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 09, 2017, 12:19:00 AM
Indeed they are...you're making nice headway with underwater...

Thank you both very much!

This time I was experimenting with the crystals. Not sure if this is an AP share?

Anyway, 8 shaders on the crystal so I tried a transform input and a power fractal in luminosity shader. Trying to see what color I want the crystals.

Then I went filter crazy and blurred it up out of program. I know it looks cartoonish and that is okay at this point.

luvsmuzik

http://archive3d.net/?category=30

Same site for fishing ship 3ds used in these experiments.

I had to delete the windows to make them not grayed out looking as it has a UV map that would not mask transparent windows for me.

WIP So, obviously a scavenger has rescued her.

Dune

You might need to take it through Poseray (or something) to get a smoother hull. Recalculate normals with another angle set.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on January 10, 2017, 02:51:58 AM
You might need to take it through Poseray (or something) to get a smoother hull. Recalculate normals with another angle set.

Ah! Thanks, I was wondering about that. I saw those edges poking out too. I tried switching tris to quads to no luck, but as you know, I am quite the novice. I don't know if importing changes faces, edges, when you convert 3ds to obj ...maybe.  My initial import, not Terragen.

luvsmuzik

Very much still a WIP but got a mirror reflection finally! Haze density 20. 2 suns, one at 1 and one at 8.

Mr. Lampost's bushpack 6c. Gonna fix the color with next lighting adjust....

Just trying different stuff here.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 09, 2017, 04:18:34 PM

I had to delete the windows to make them not grayed out looking as it has a UV map that would not mask transparent windows for me.

If you are still pursuing this scene here's a much better looking model

http://www.sharecg.com/v/27891/view/5/3D-Model/Fishing-boat
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 11, 2017, 03:51:53 AM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 09, 2017, 04:18:34 PM

If you are still pursuing this scene here's a much better looking model

http://www.sharecg.com/v/27891/view/5/3D-Model/Fishing-boat

Thanks bobbystahr! I registered and found some neat free stuff  there^^.
Huh, smooth shading the trawler did the trick....duh me.

I put ya a start Blender file in sharing with a scene already set up so you can at least see an object in similar settings.

If you download Blender make sure you enable a lot of things that you can use in User Preferences and be sure you save those settings.

Your scene is looking quite nice here as well.

Dune

If you know how to model, you can take out the windows and give them a separate texture. I did, and made them into glass.

luvsmuzik

Working on about 4 renders today.
Put a second sun in this one to see the marvelous displacement on the stone cube obj.that is part of the file share.

Quote from: Dune on January 13, 2017, 02:57:51 AM
If you know how to model, you can take out the windows and give them a separate texture. I did, and made them into glass.

The fishing ship model is UV wrapped with a single image. In the object file there is a dummy file with each texture for each going to the map. The object is very complex, (pulleys, cables, poles, windows,) in addition to the body of the ship itself, now triangulated; so I may try to delete the texture and try to texture it all over again in edit mode. I do not mind the learning experience, unless there is a simpler method to tear apart the single UV image.