Rocks and trees

Started by Dune, January 08, 2017, 12:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

This series just keeps getting better and better! The last one is really wonderful; natural and lush, beautifully filled with trees and shrubs and grasses. Your rock experimentation has reached a fantastic level, but it is the vegetation along with that, that really makes this realistic. Superb!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 14, 2017, 07:28:38 AM
Another setup, different noises again, now with a mountain track. I fractalwarped the whole lot, so the track is half eroded away, which gives it a pretty nice effect.

'Pretty nice effect' is an understatment, awesome would be more to the point...great growth in this series...inspiring.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

I agree with others, the latest version is fantastic. The rock formations look great, but more importantly it has a cohesive feel as a scene, and a nice effect of the old, abandoned, eroded road. Great stuff!

- Oshyan

Dune

Thanks guys. I've just got another idea, which I'll test. As these aren't really hard, blocky rocks, which was the intention. Here's a version with the fractalwarp inv.masked by the road, and your little brook, Luvsmusik  ;) That was the easy part; just paint in in a logical place and add some shaders.

Detail 0.7 AA7 soft shadows, 1.5 hours, using one compute terrain small patch. Nice and fast, I like that.

I also tried to make waterfall offf that cliffside on the right by populating a lot of glass stones on a card, but no matter what I did (rotate the pop), I always ended up with a series of evenly spaced vertical rows  >:(

Hannes

Beautiful and realistic scene, Ulco. One of those images one can imagine being there immediately!
Not sure about the strata. It's very regular. Of course things like that can occur in nature, but I'd love to see it a bit more irregular.

René

Fantastic! I am amazed at the speed with which you make these images.

Dune

Thanks guys. I don't like the rocks either, but I've thought out yet another thing...

fleetwood

These are really beautiful. Verson 2-1 of the mountain road is my favorite so far.

Dune

Tried something else on the rocks, and added some ferns. And I just found out I can make mp4's in PS, so here's a small sequence. Doesn't really look like much, does it?

DocCharly65

This is absolutely one of the most beautiful I know from you!
And a nice video of your workflow!

mhaze

Dune

The most difficult part is to make the blocky rock look natural all over. There may be nice parts, but also very unnatural areas. I reduced the size a bit more and mixed with a normal PF billows. Thinned out the trees to get some light on the path further up. Getting fed up with this one now, up to something new.
Btw. I did some experiments in between, and used that for the latter rock structure.

masonspappy

last 3 images are great!