Ice yet again!

Started by Kevin F, January 31, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Here's another wintery scene using a slightly modified version of the ice file used in the other pics in this thread.
Other than the addition of the various objects and pops, it's basically the same file with adjustments to the amount of displacements and offset values used. The effect is more snowy than previous version.

Kadri

I like it. Looks like a painting. I would just lower the displacements of the snow on the ground a little.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on February 10, 2017, 09:08:47 AM

I like it. Looks like a painting. I would just lower the displacements of the snow on the ground a little.

Agree and agree on lower displacement..great image mate.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

I love this image and also agree on snow depth; but I am wondering if the grass population could be attached to the displacement mask, so it would appear in the valley of the displacement.  That is what bothers me is that the snow is deep, which I like, but the grass scale does not quite fit for me.
Good job!

Kevin F

Thanks guys, I see what you mean with the displacement, but I was really just demonstrating the degree of flexibility there is with the parameters. This was an example of very deep icy snow.
As for the grass placement, each would have to be edited into place. It can't be attached to the displacment mask. In fact the population is sat on the lake object.
I'll put a few others up with different results from small tweaks.

mhaze