Ice yet again!

Started by Kevin F, January 31, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Sorry to bore you all again with more ice, but I've been playing around with T4 and my icy water files.
Here's a few examples of results I'm happy with.
The mountain in the background has been eroded with Danill's shader and is far from finished. I'm just playing with the watery ice at the moment.

dorianvan

Cool ice in the first image. Is this image from animated water?
-Dorian

yossam

No boredom here.............keep em coming. I like the second one the best.  :)

Dune

Great! The ice is so good that I wouldn't really care for the distance. In fact it distracts a bit. I would keep that simpler, perhaps just some snowed over mix 1 fractal warped landscape and some fox to haze it down.

archonforest

great ice effect here! ;)
not fan of the mt at the back.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Fantastic ice!!!!! Agree about the background.

bobbystahr

we all agree the mountain distracts but awesome ice for sure...are you considering sharing a .tgc of that mixture?

D'oh, just did a search...thanks very much
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Love it!

I was working on your file share way back in October. The reflection on the ice does neat stuff with burst also!

Kevin F

Thanks for the comments guys! Here's a quick update after your suggestions. Spot the 2nd fish?

@dorianvan No it's just a still.

@bobby ermmm, well the original ice file is on the file share area. But I might screen shot the ice network if you want. Part of the fun though is to just experiment with the file. You learn more that way ;)

archonforest

Great!
I found the 2nd fish hehe! 8)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

The ice effect is awesome, almost like jade, but I would leave the voronoi out, or at least warp them a bit (in sharp angles) and give them some snowy texture, like floating ice shelves in water.
The front fish is a great detail!

ADE

Lady of the Lake

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kevin F on February 02, 2017, 12:18:08 PM
Thanks for the comments guys! Here's a quick update after your suggestions. Spot the 2nd fish?

@dorianvan No it's just a still.

@bobby ermmm, well the original ice file is on the file share area. But I might screen shot the ice network if you want. Part of the fun though is to just experiment with the file. You learn more that way ;)

heh heh, found it...thanks
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist