Today's Dalliance

Started by bobbystahr, February 12, 2017, 01:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 12, 2017, 01:45:07 PM
Quote from: archonforest on February 12, 2017, 01:41:23 PM
Bobby, those monster pine trees are free objects?

It was a gift from Andy from when I rendered his huge arctic type scene a while back. I probably shouldn't share it....I don't think it was a freebie from XFROG though....

Yeah got it, no prob at all  :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Got rid of the white, added a grass pop and varied both.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

I think this is one of your best Bobby. The lighting in particular is really great, with subtle deep forest tones throughout, and a nice "convenient" light falling right on that vehicle. My only concern with the new version is now the grass seems to grow right into the road with no edge, and I think even if the white "sand" look was not ideal previously, some kind of road edge would be best. But don't change much else, it's looking great! Well, maybe the grass is a tiny bit large? Not sure...

- Oshyan

Hannes

Agree with Oshyan. And I like the "vehicle"! I once had two of them. It's like a Punch and Judy show on wheels! ;D ;D ;D

bobbystahr

Yeah the grass is looking a bit large, scaling it and editing the random road grasses will sharpen up the road. Experimenting with a sand verge atm...Thinking if I go with a sand edge I will add some weeds to that, not a lot but they do grow at road edges quite readily where I live.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on February 12, 2017, 03:34:56 PM
I think this is one of your best Bobby. The lighting in particular is really great, with subtle deep forest tones throughout, and a nice "convenient" light falling right on that vehicle. My only concern with the new version is now the grass seems to grow right into the road with no edge, and I think even if the white "sand" look was not ideal previously, some kind of road edge would be best. But don't change much else, it's looking great! Well, maybe the grass is a tiny bit large? Not sure...

- Oshyan

Heh heh, that "convenient" light was the last of about a dozen sun positions and I quit while I was ahead with that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

tried the sand....comments please
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Looks better with the sand I think.  Maybe edit your pine population and get rid of that small pine at bottom left of image. Doesn't quite fit there.    Also looks like the bottom quarter of the image is rendered differently from the rest.
But I agree with others that this is a really nice image!

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on February 13, 2017, 12:14:07 AM
Looks better with the sand I think.  Maybe edit your pine population and get rid of that small pine at bottom left of image. Doesn't quite fit there.    Also looks like the bottom quarter of the image is rendered differently from the rest.
But I agree with others that this is a really nice image!

It was a patch job for comments...saving time
I'll look into that lil pine bush but I kinda like it where it is atm..I'd like to get a bit of input before I commit to another full render as there are still some issues but if no one but me sees 'em I'll leave well enuff alone.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Inverse (complement) the mask, or use inverse masking, then harden it slightly, then you can color offroad stuff greener, before or after the road surface. If it were sand color I'd agree with the others, but it's too white.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 13, 2017, 01:46:05 AM
Inverse (complement) the mask, or use inverse masking, then harden it slightly, then you can color offroad stuff greener, before or after the road surface. If it were sand color I'd agree with the others, but it's too white.

Think I'll take a shot at keeping it sand as we have a lot of that in out of town roads this close to a huge lake(Lake Winnipeg)..tweaked me when fleetwood mentioned that, as that is what's missing in my scenes with path type roads in my eye..never happy with em and that's what some need.

this is the colour of the sand around here.

http://www.kenstorie.ca/FamilyHistory/7.Ken&Bev/Chapter4/10.VillageDr/WinnipegBeachAug2012.11.jpg
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

8) Yeah, keep pushing Bobby. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on February 13, 2017, 12:19:47 PM
8) Yeah, keep pushing Bobby. :)

Going for the sand colour today. I've dl'd some beach shotsfrom Winnipeg Beach on Lake Winnipeg for this old colourblind fool to steal the RGB from.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New