Today's Dalliance

Started by bobbystahr, February 12, 2017, 01:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well looking at my mail I came across a rather nice path and it stuck. C&C welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice one, but what is that whitish at the sides, snow? It doesn't seem appropriate, looks like a warm climate thing. Some more grass variety perhaps, but overall very sophisticated, like a park.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 12, 2017, 01:48:15 AM
Nice one, but what is that whitish at the sides, snow? It doesn't seem appropriate, looks like a warm climate thing. Some more grass variety perhaps, but overall very sophisticated, like a park.

I tried all afternoon to get rid of that white and I just realized it likely comes from the slight neg. disp of the path so the mask doesn't cover it, had this happen before. I'll have to make another paint shader that covers the displaced path.And I agree a different type or couple of grass are in the plans. Was just buffaloed by the white. Too spaced out tonight but Sunday is a good day to correct things...generally.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Or just add some greenish/greyish layer before the path.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

René

Jo Kariboo

Very nice. I like the vegetations and light!

mhaze

Excellent - ditto Dunes comments.  This one is worth a little extra effort.  Trees are excellent, where are they from?

fleetwood

This is very good. I even accept totally the white along the path. I see many roads in parks and campgrounds that have light colored sand accumulated at the edges. Maybe it's because I live in the Great Lakes where sand is abundant, but sandy edges don't look strange at all to me.

luvsmuzik

Excellent! I agree with fleetwood, sandy edges, very common and add to image.

bobbystahr

Repainted the road mask and white all gone, may add a sandy layer on top now that I have an accurate Painted shader.
Rendering an update now, stay tuned. Except for the unpaved nature of this road it kind of reminds me of Stanley Park in Vancouver BC.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on February 12, 2017, 11:26:23 AM
This is very good. I even accept totally the white along the path. I see many roads in parks and campgrounds that have light colored sand accumulated at the edges. Maybe it's because I live in the Great Lakes where sand is abundant, but sandy edges don't look strange at all to me.

The problem is that I couldn't get anything other than pure white in that section thus necessitating making a new Road Mask Painted shader...I kept the other one for displacement of the road though.

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Bobby, those monster pine trees are free objects?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on February 12, 2017, 01:41:23 PM
Bobby, those monster pine trees are free objects?

It was a gift from Andy from when I rendered his huge arctic type scene a while back. I probably shouldn't share it....I don't think it was a freebie from XFROG though....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New