tribute to Willink

Started by Dune, February 20, 2017, 02:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

One of my early day heroes, this painter made some astonishing work. With the Louvre scans a perfect opportunity to try some stuff. I also tried to fracture a statue in Lightwave, but that's not too easy, as I got quite some spiky polys. And by-hand-fracturing is tedious.
Anyway; first iteration.

René

I can't wait to see where you will take this! :)
Carel Willink was great! For those of you who aren't familiar with his work, just google his name.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: René on February 20, 2017, 06:22:42 AM
I can't wait to see where you will take this! :)
Carel Willink was great! For those of you who aren't familiar with his work, just google his name.

In my Google search of images by Willink, I see Dune is doing a great job here! I also found a very nice image by Andy Welder at Renderosity from a couple of years ago using Terragen, that is quite awesome too.

Great job Dune!

bobbystahr

Great start Ulco. Are those cone chimneys for brick making, or a post apocalyptic nuclear surrealistic touch?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

inkydigit

very cool Ulco!
captures the mood perfectly!

Jo Kariboo

Very interesting, some of his paintings with the sculture make me think Chirico!

DannyG

I am sure your just getting started with this one. Excellent as always
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

archonforest

Indeed. Great start. The Willink style is there for sure. :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Thanks all. The chimneys are some object I found (I think it's Russian made, but don't know the modeler (so, post apocalyptic nuclear surrealistic indeed)). I thought it suited the mood. I intend to expand on this, but I'm also working to clean the InstantBeach thing, and might have a Museum thing coming up, so, if time permits. Have to get off my chair once in a while too  ;)

bobbystahr

I will take this leap soon, just got in contact with my tech guy and he sounded embarrassed by all this hassle...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Next iteration.

j meyer

What is causing that sharp/straight transition in the sky?
Masking, intersection of cloud layers or something else?

masonspappy

Always amazed by how those old masters managed these exquisite sculptures given the primitive tools they had to work with.

ADE

cool sculpting objects, I'm half on one myself, and until I seen this I forgot about it.....

been doing  a talos statue

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 22, 2017, 12:02:47 PM
Next iteration.

Liking where you went with this..pretty cool modes fro SketchFab eh? Just spent some time downloading other stuff from the downloadables on the site...some look pretty 'fab' heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New