Started by DannyG, March 14, 2017, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

More sketches
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Jo Kariboo

I like the mountain that takes shape through the clouds. An image that feels the holidays.

bobbystahr

Nice sketch but what the heck's up with the shack, did y lose yer U/V's?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Nice one Danny.
You might want to down-scale size of bricks on chimney and texture on the house.

DannyG

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 16, 2017, 02:22:19 AM

Its an old shed like cottage Bobby, the siding isn't suppose to be perfectly finished like a house. I suppose I could faux paint the maps a bit to age them that would certainly add to the look. And yes I agree about the mapping on the chimney Mason. Thanks for the look gents
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

luvsmuzik

I thought they were cedar shake too. For a field-stone chimney, not all that bad. Some in real life are a lot worse than that,  :).
Maybe a rose or two closer to foreground? Oops, missed em with the zoom!  (Rose Rabbit?) Or is that a character I don't know?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on March 16, 2017, 01:18:07 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on March 16, 2017, 02:22:19 AM

And yes I agree about the mapping on the chimney Mason. Thanks for the look gents

That's the part I was reefering too as well. PoseRay actually helps a lot with that if you don't have a modeling app that can correct it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 16, 2017, 01:34:45 PM
(Rose Rabbit?) Or is that a character I don't know?

The name is in reference to a Bed and Breakfast I stayed at about 20 years ago in Colorado. It kind of reminded me of it.
*Bobby I have 3d Max as well as good ole Poseray. I will fix it the next time I use it. Thanks for the second set of eyes
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on March 16, 2017, 02:40:30 PM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 16, 2017, 01:34:45 PM
The name is in reference to a Bed and Breakfast I stayed at about 20 years ago in Colorado. It kind of reminded me of it.
*Bobby I have 3d Max as well as good ole Poseray. I will fix it the next time I use it. Thanks for the second set of eyes

Ah max that'd be my choice could I afford it. It seems to output very nice .obj files based on some max/XFROG models i converted when I had the demo; didn't even need PoseRay IIRC. I'd stay at a place called The Rose Rabbit Inn for sure....'specially iff'n it were in good 'ol Colorado.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Nice one, Danny. If you work on that cottage, give it some basement (beams) too, the front is floating  ;)

DannyG

Quote from: Dune on March 17, 2017, 09:51:52 AM
Nice one, Danny. If you work on that cottage, give it some basement (beams) too, the front is floating  ;)

Good eye Ulco, Oshyan was actually the first to point that out to me on Facebook, I decided to post it here regardless, perhaps it will motivate me to finish some of these sketches up. Super busy at work, so I am lean on time for hobby stuff. Cheers gents
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on March 17, 2017, 12:48:31 PM
so I am lean on time for hobby stuff. Cheers gents

Understand, same here, barely time to type in, music  is superceding 3D ever since I got the Corsair running stable...go figger eh. Been sketching and scratching mainly in a spare hour while eating supper usually.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New