Cloud reference book (Google Books)

Started by bobbystahr, March 15, 2017, 09:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

We generally consider the "file sharing" section to be for sharing files that can be used directly in Terragen. In this case what you've linked to is a great reference, a very good *resource*, but it doesn't really fit the goals of this section just because it is in a "file format". It's a text resource and reference. I'll move it to an appropriate section. It's definitely a great share.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on March 16, 2017, 04:11:34 PM
We generally consider the "file sharing" section to be for sharing files that can be used directly in Terragen. In this case what you've linked to is a great reference, a very good *resource*, but it doesn't really fit the goals of this section just because it is in a "file format". It's a text resource and reference. I'll move it to an appropriate section. It's definitely a great share.

- Oshyan


Thanks, I wasn't sure where to put it but was assured it would move where it should when you noticed...and engrossing read is it not?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Yeah, it's a cool one. This is a more modern and practical take that is also worth a look: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0399533451/

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on March 18, 2017, 04:09:59 PM
Yeah, it's a cool one. This is a more modern and practical take that is also worth a look: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0399533451/

- Oshyan


Cool, betcha the University Library has this if not the Public one. Thanks Oshyan.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

We have a bunch of reference images on our Pinterest if anyone is on there. Generally speaking that is a great resource for referencing just about anything, 3d modeling, texturing etc..
New World Digital Art
www.NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Further to cloud types I caught  a bit of a news report that said they have some new types they've pigeon holed for us...must research this...

well that was quick

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/24/look-up-first-new-clouds-30-years/99574628/
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: Danny on March 22, 2017, 12:47:25 PM
We have a bunch of reference images on our Pinterest if anyone is on there. Generally speaking that is a great resource for referencing just about anything, 3d modeling, texturing etc..


Indeed, I have pinterest bookmarked
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist