Based on Dunes road setup

Started by DocCharly65, May 09, 2017, 01:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Because I got the permission to use music of a friend for my film project I started a new WIP.
It hope that I'll get the look a little bit country / rag / blues like...

Just tried first time Dune's "simple road setup" -- strongly modified - sorry Ulco :)
For a first fast look of asphalt I used Hannes concrete tgc - I will refine it by the time. (Little fakesones at the sides etc.)

[attach=1]   [attach=2]

Corn and wheat are from XFrog,

In the background:
Farm by Evermotion on cgtrader

In the foreground:
Big Metal Warehouse, Gas Station With Grocery, Wooden Windmill, Water Tower 7 and Big Wooden Barracks by rescue3dcom on turbosquid

Rail guard by teddfire on cgtrader

And of course again the Serenity by darthviper 107 on foundation 3D

Dune

Very nice, Nils. Some small grasses and herbs in the verges and you're almost done. And regarding "strongly modified"; that's the whole point of any presets; adapt, modify, change, improve.... Nice of you to mention it, but you do understand that I now require credit in your major movie  ;)

Ethrieltd

Don't wanna be a complainer but Serenity's engines are aligned incorrectly. They're VTOL vectored thrust engines and should thus be aligned vertically to hover in atmosphere.

The rest is good, although falling victim to the "clean/dirty" problem I seem to get a lot.

Also, remember when it comes to video and giving it a "look" then LUTs are you're friend... Mostly...

DocCharly65

Quote from: Ethrieltd on May 09, 2017, 07:43:12 AM
Don't wanna be a complainer but Serenity's engines are aligned incorrectly. They're VTOL vectored thrust engines and should thus be aligned vertically to hover in atmosphere.

The rest is good, although falling victim to the "clean/dirty" problem I seem to get a lot.

Also, remember when it comes to video and giving it a "look" then LUTs are you're friend... Mostly...

Don't panic. :) it's not final...
I just tried a setting to get a feeling for the scales.
But the Serenity's engines will stay as they are for a fly by scene. A starting scene is too much efforts and would destroy the balance between the planned music and the scene.

But the gravity wheel will spin... Already prepared  ;D

Ethrieltd

Are going for the full Zoic shaky cam? All rolling shutter and off angle dolly zooms?

Or something a bit more practical?

;)

DocCharly65

;D

No - I think I will do a set of 2 or 3 animations.
One flying cam perhaps overtaking Serenity with a varying zoom.
One fly by of the Serenity at the shown gas station.
Perhaps one more watching the Serenity flying into the sky. (Ok - this  one I could try with a slightly "handheld style")

But that's in the future - this was only a "keeping an idea before I forget" - at the moment I am still at my pool house renders...  ;)

Quote from: Dune on May 09, 2017, 02:01:46 AM
Very nice, Nils. Some small grasses and herbs in the verges and you're almost done. And regarding "strongly modified"; that's the whole point of any presets; adapt, modify, change, improve.... Nice of you to mention it, but you do understand that I now require credit in your major movie  ;)

Thanks Ulco :)
The veggies are already in my head. I already planned to use some grass. At the moment I check many pictures from Iowa - next will be Cansas for additional vegetation and overall ambience.
For Iowa I would have to do the complete landscape a bit hilly... I don't really want to do that.
For Cansas I would have to delete the hills in the far... Would be a pity, too. But this would most likely correspond to my vision of the scene.

DocCharly65

Here are some of my visions:

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

I know that there are some hilly areas in Kansas too, but I want that stereotyping Kansas as I think about when I think of "The Wizard of Oz"

... oh dear ... another idea ... I will never never never finish that film...  ;D ;D ;D

No - only a small addition: A short zoom into the middle of the street and there must be a red shoe ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 09, 2017, 02:01:46 AM
Nice of you to mention it, but you do understand that I now require credit in your major movie  ;)

hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 09, 2017, 11:33:39 AM
Here are some of my visions:

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

I know that there are some hilly areas in Kansas too, but I want that stereotyping Kansas as I think about when I think of "The Wizard of Oz"

... oh dear ... another idea ... I will never never never finish that film...  ;D ;D ;D

No - only a small addition: A short zoom into the middle of the street and there must be a red shoe ;)

I'm a BIG FAN of the middle pic but it might be the hardest to do...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

It maybe not the final but it's already very nice!

Dune

If you can get those multicoloured clouds in, you're my hero (if you weren't already)!

DocCharly65

Hannes

Already looking great!! Looking forward to your progress, Nils.

DocCharly65

Thanks all! :)

I tried several cloud settings so far.
Ulco - sorry - didn't get that look as dramatic but found a nice cloud setting in the clouds tgc collection of the forum. It's based on the sndstorm clouds by freelancah from 2010.

In the future perhaps I will play with additional thunderstorm cells at each end of the road - but I'll have to be careful not to destroy the overall mood.

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

Dune