Picture

Started by rcallicotte, September 14, 2007, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efflux

Safari shows the pictures I tried to insert. Firefox does not. Why?

dhavalmistry, What browser are you using?

Oshyan

If you originally viewed the images in Safari before linking them, you may have "authorization" from the site via direct viewing rather than offsite linking/referencing and thus they may either simply load, or be present in your cache. If I first copy the image URL then paste it in the address bar and load (which does show the image), then go back to this thread, it does show the image I viewed separately in-line in the post. But the other image I haven't done that with yet does not show. So it's something to do with remote linking of images on that particular site, a practice which is often frowned upon so it's not really surprising it doesn't work. I'd suggest simply linking to them rather than embedding.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

Quote from: efflux on September 22, 2007, 11:46:28 PM
Safari shows the pictures I tried to insert. Firefox does not. Why?

dhavalmistry, What browser are you using?

I am using firefox
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

dhavalmistry

Quote from: efflux on September 22, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
dhavalmistry, I can't see anything where you linked to.

can anybody else confirm that they cannot see the pic???....

what msg does it give?

efflux

OK, Oshyan. That's what I thought about the embedding. Unless it's my own I guess I should not do that but I can't even link to the images. I cleared my Safari cache but that makes no difference. It still displays where Firefox doesn't. I'll sort this out and find images then fix those posts. These are quite famous locations so I'll get something.

dhavalmistry

check my previous post again efflux......

efflux

OK. Mine should be fixed now. Actually different shots of the same formations.

dhavalmistry, yours works now but are you doing something more dodgy than even I was when I was embedding the images?

And yes, it's a very strange image.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: efflux on September 22, 2007, 11:24:48 PM
Or:

http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Egypt/Farafra/WhiteDesert11.jpg

You can find a lot of crazy real stuff. This one is from the White Desert Egypt.

this one looks like the head of the sphinx

efflux

If you do a search for photos from the White Desert you'll find amazing stuff.

And just to digress, here is a photo I took a while ago.

He he :D I should put this one in a Terragen gallery:

dhavalmistry

where is this???....lovely....I would build a house here on top of the hill.....

efflux

It's the Lake District in the UK. I live near here. Its photography heaven but the weather is often bad. I've got some new camera equipment so intend to take more photos there. I have much better lenses now than when I took this. I put a few photos on Renderosity but not this one. I think several people thought I was pulling their legs and that the photos were actually Terragen renders.

By the way, on the left side you can see Scafell Pike which is the highest mountain in England.

cyphyr

Quote from: efflux on September 22, 2007, 11:24:48 PM
Or:

http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Egypt/Farafra/WhiteDesert11.jpg

You can find a lot of crazy real stuff. This one is from the White Desert Egypt.

Been there, Amazing place, covered in wind sculpted white limestone forms and millions black marcasite crystals, incredible :)

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

moodflow

Quote from: old_blaggard on September 19, 2007, 09:33:21 PM
Oh, trust me, I do that all of the time - it drives my family insane when I verbalize it ;).

yea, my wife and I will go out to some 'function'.  Instead of looking at whatever I'm supposed to look at, I'll be checking out the foliage, or rock formations (AKA Texture!).

Thats the big joke with my wife's family.  They came out to visit and do a trip up to the Sierra's, Sequoia's, and King's Canyon.  I was pulling over ever 3 minutes to take snapshots of "texture" on the mountain sides.  Their running joke when I see them now is:  Hey, look, TEXTURE!

Her mom sent me an email a few weeks back with a picture of rocks she took.  In the subject line:  Texture.

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

It's CG, but how?

Quote from: dhavalmistry on September 22, 2007, 11:36:37 PM
and how about this...is this a photo or a CG work?????......
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

I love this.  And it looks just like a TG2.

Quote from: efflux on September 23, 2007, 12:42:49 AM
If you do a search for photos from the White Desert you'll find amazing stuff.

And just to digress, here is a photo I took a while ago.

He he :D I should put this one in a Terragen gallery:

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?