More Columnar

Started by luvsmuzik, June 27, 2017, 12:16:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Worked on some water elements.....too late I see...where is the source of that?????????

Dune's cloud column x2...from Cloud Library...messed up pretty good.. ;D

D.A. Bentley

Pretty cool.  Looks like you could make a waterfall from that.

Yea, I wonder why the Nettles are dark from the previous post.  Half the leaves are bright, and half are dark.  I wonder if it's a normals issue, or not enough GI.  Not sure it it would help, but you could try turning on the Super Sampling setting under your GI settings.

luvsmuzik

Another look at Dune's Overhang Strata file share.

luvsmuzik

Pretty as they are..perhaps a few less stones :)...

luvsmuzik

thanks Jo Kariboo for a thought process :)

Still Dune's Overhang

luvsmuzik

Redo of mhaze Columnar Rock tgd file share. My comfort zone  :) Let's see what we can do with it today :)
Going to try to scale objects...heh heh...to self...good luck with that.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 20, 2018, 09:17:48 am
Redo of mhaze Columnar Rock tgd file share. My comfort zone  :) Let's see what we can do with it today :)
Going to try to scale objects...heh heh...to self...good luck with that.


MrLamppost has a free stick figure that I often use to establish human scale in a scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

file Sharing mhaze ColumnarRocksV4 https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22035.msg221817.html#msg221817

robust path tracing, modifier 1 MPD0.6 AA6
enhance color and displacement on surface layers

Rock colors two surface layer, incorporated a merge shader with mix set to difference
Scalar noise slight scalar adjust

I must say I like how the horizontal displacement is now very evident.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on October 12, 2018, 09:06:42 am
file Sharing mhaze ColumnarRocksV4 https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22035.msg221817.html#msg221817

robust path tracing, modifier 1 MPD0.6 AA6
enhance color and displacement on surface layers

Rock colors two surface layer, incorporated a merge shader with mix set to difference
Scalar noise slight scalar adjust

I must say I like how the horizontal displacement is now very evident.


Lovely, wish I could afford to up my maintenence but with my break in and attendant expenses it's a bit beyond my grasp atm...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

This one really is path traced now. Evidently the change in Ray detail modifier from 0.25 to 1 along with enhance displacement of surface layer made a great difference also. ?

Dune

I think the shadows are extremely black. More GI would probably not help lighten that up in Path trace. And I think ray trace would be just as good in this instance (with GI upped to 1.5 maybe).

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on October 12, 2018, 01:52:23 pm
I think the shadows are extremely black. More GI would probably not help lighten that up in Path trace. And I think ray trace would be just as good in this instance (with GI upped to 1.5 maybe).

I may not have used soft shadows either, I'll have a look see. Thanks

Dune

You wouldn't have that much benefit of soft shadows (only for the trees I guess), but you could try.

N-drju

Nice job luvs with these rocks. I'm only starting to learn these features now. :) I believe soft shadows should help. Currently, I am rendering an image with small (2 - 3 meters) terrain bumps and they cast well-blurred shadows with diameter being set to 0.7. You may try it.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on October 12, 2018, 10:58:02 am
This one really is path traced now. Evidently the change in Ray detail modifier from 0.25 to 1 along with enhance displacement of surface layer made a great difference also. ?

The ground populations of rocks looks really nice over the grass/veggie ground cover. The plant population looks a bit too saturation, though I think that may be from sharpening  + sun angle directly on them. Nice cliffs as well.
Check out the Terragen Community on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Terragen.Galleries/