Watch Tower

Started by Lady of the Lake, June 28, 2017, 12:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

Larch tree=DandelO; other trees=X-Frog; tower=3DHaupt; man=xoio 3D people.   

About a 13 hour render.....old computer, not much memory.  :-)  Appreciate your looking.

Ethrieltd

Quote from: Lady of the LakeAbout a 13 hour render.....old computer, not much memory.  :-)  Appreciate your looking.

v3 clouds? I've had the monster render times issue once or twice. Replaced them with v2 and dropped 8hrs off render time.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on June 28, 2017, 12:37:06 PM
Larch tree=DandelO; other trees=X-Frog; tower=3DHaupt; man=xoio 3D people.   

About a 13 hour render.....old computer, not much memory.  :-)  Appreciate your looking.

Nice scene Lyla, maybe a bit of a scale problem; he looks near as tall as the trees. I'd move him next to a smaller tree and scale him and then re-position if you're into another loooong render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

The scene is nicely laid out but I have to agree with Bobby, there are some squirrelly scale issues here. I would scale down the figure as well as the trees on the mountain to the left. They look way too big. 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Lady of the Lake

The clouds...one layer is V2.  I hate how long clouds take to render. 

The scale of things.  Probably,.... if I redo, I will make the man smaller.  Not sure about the trees though.  Thanks to all for the comments.

DocCharly65

13h? Oh wow!

What if you just deactivate clouds for experimenting with the other changes?

Very nice scene and beautiful lake!
If you have the patience to play around with the project (and while doing this switching off the clouds) you can surely easier improve some things.

Just 2 ideas /suggestions from me:
A layer with little fakestones and a layer with darker color at the hight of the water.
If you make the man smaller, don't forget to resize the tower too ;)

Good luck :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 29, 2017, 03:16:55 AM

If you make the man smaller, don't forget to resize the tower too ;)

Good luck :)

actually the man looks way too large for the tower as is Nils, was my first clue scale was off.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist