Sneak Peek: Terragen 4.1 Change Log

Started by Matt, July 06, 2017, 07:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I can tell you it's a terrific update!

masc

I agree, the quality/speed improvement of the clouds rendering is awesome.

bobbystahr

Glad I stopped by today, so hot here with no A C I been out riding for the breeze...stopped for supper and saw this thread...woo hoo

moved to the workstation and installed, rendering some cloud tests...looks really promising.

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

efflux

I only just noticed this update. Congratulations on this. It looks very interesting, especially the merge shader change which was something that drove me absolutely nuts before. Just one of some frustrations that caused me to quit using Terragen. I haven't even visited this forum for probably years but I'm intrigued to test this new version.

Perfection would be a full Linux UI. I use Linux now almost exclusively except when I need to do audio where I use a Mac. I do still have a Windows partition though.

efflux

For those of you on Macs. There is an awesome RAW photo editor on Linux called Darktable. It does not work on Windows unfortunately but you can edit Terragen EXRs with it.

bobbystahr

Quote from: efflux on August 28, 2017, 09:50:25 AM
I only just noticed this update. Congratulations on this. It looks very interesting, especially the merge shader change which was something that drove me absolutely nuts before. Just one of some frustrations that caused me to quit using Terragen. I haven't even visited this forum for probably years but I'm intrigued to test this new version.

Perfection would be a full Linux UI. I use Linux now almost exclusively except when I need to do audio where I use a Mac. I do still have a Windows partition though.

Welcome back, yeah 2015 was your last visit. If TG did Linux I'd be there as well, so tired of Windows. I think with a bit of exploring you'll see some amazing advances since 2015...mostly available on the free version if you're not a paid user as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

efflux

I'll try out the free version for sure. I love the idea of creating virtual worlds. It's very time consuming though. I'm trying to do music and photography with the intention of eventually using video with soundtrack. I know you do music so you'll probably understand how long it takes to learn these things. I'm bogged down in html, css, php and javascript at the moment. Mainly messing with building Wordpress themes from scratch. I'll have a website eventually. What goes on it, I'm not sure and then how do make any money? At least with the web design stuff there may be a way.

bobbystahr

Quote from: efflux on August 28, 2017, 10:42:59 AM
I'll try out the free version for sure. I love the idea of creating virtual worlds. It's very time consuming though. I'm trying to do music and photography with the intention of eventually using video with soundtrack. I know you do music so you'll probably understand how long it takes to learn these things. I'm bogged down in html, css, php and javascript at the moment. Mainly messing with building Wordpress themes from scratch. I'll have a website eventually. What goes on it, I'm not sure and then how do make any money? At least with the web design stuff there may be a way.

Heh heh, money, the cursed necessity eh? Well I'm now retired and things have gotten much better...was given a Gibson B B King "Lucille" guitar that is consuming as much or more time than TG4 atm but I steal a few hours each day for TG4. Working on my 2nd solo cd, well with a trio but mainly me...gonna be all my blues tunes...hope I can find a drummer I like...I'm really fussy as I started on drums. Calling it Hymns for Hers(the Blues Album)
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New