Nebulae

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 26, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalguru

Fantastic! Love the Nebula at around  3:10.

Great to see this unusual use of Terragen. reminds me a little of what Richard "Doc" Bailey was doing with Spore - nice to see very organic looking animations.

zaxxon

Deep and vast, beautiful at a primal level of form and light. An extraordinary work of Art.

Denis Sirenko

Thanks! Terribly glad you liked it)

Quote from: Dune on July 25, 2019, 11:22:44 AM
...It makes you feel very small if you realize what's out there....

Yes! It is sobering, is not it? You can not worry so much about your own importance)

Quote from: Oshyan on July 25, 2019, 05:43:42 PM
And you really can't tell it is layer or slice-based in most cases.

Well, that was the main task and I'm glad that it does not catch the eye.

Quote from: digitalguru on July 26, 2019, 07:31:09 AM
...reminds me a little of what Richard "Doc" Bailey was doing with Spore - nice to see very organic looking animations.

Thanks for the tip, I found it. Yes, there is something similar. And "Spore" reminded me of another program - Apophysis, in which I even did something.

Stormlord

Beautiful and outstanding ! Very impressive work Denis!

STORMLORD

Denis Sirenko

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: digitalguru on July 26, 2019, 07:31:09 AM
Fantastic! Love the Nebula at around  3:10.

Thank! That is why this nebula shown on the preview of video, despite the fact that it was made a long time ago and was generated with old version of the algorithm. It's called Gelfon Esto :) It's needed quite a lot handwork after generating in TG. So it is unlikely with this algorithm would complete the work on nebulae to the present day - we needed almost a hundred of backgrounds with nebulae.

archonforest

Stunning! Love the whole thing!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

archonforest

Using the technique of Master Sirenko I made this. This is 2 nebulae render comped together with additional stars in Photoshop. Not even close to Denis insanely cool renders but kind of okay.

Denis Sirenko

Thank you, Archonforest, I hope we are not being heard by REAL TG-masters:)) There are many opportunities to improve and improve my and your nebulae.

Dune

Well, you surely did a good job!

archonforest

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on July 30, 2019, 04:12:18 PM
Thank you, Archonforest, I hope we are not being heard by REAL TG-masters:)) There are many opportunities to improve and improve my and your nebulae.

Thank you. My render need lots of improvements for sure. Like even though it is a 3d render, it looks very flat. I feel no sense of space at all. Guessing it is a problem of light. Like the position of it.

archonforest

Hannes

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on July 30, 2019, 04:12:18 PM
I hope we are not being heard by REAL TG-masters:))

Maybe you don't know it yet, but you are a REAL TG master!!  :)

Denis Sirenko

Quote from: archonforest on July 31, 2019, 02:47:36 AM
Like even though it is a 3d render, it looks very flat. I feel no sense of space at all. Guessing it is a problem of light. Like the position of it.

Perhaps the nebula is not enough density and needs to be made denser. Sparse nebula shows its shape badly. Or maybe the geometric shape was lost at the moment of the combining of the two renders due to inconsistencies in lighting.

archonforest

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on July 31, 2019, 05:04:36 AM
Quote from: archonforest on July 31, 2019, 02:47:36 AM
Like even though it is a 3d render, it looks very flat. I feel no sense of space at all. Guessing it is a problem of light. Like the position of it.

Perhaps the nebula is not enough density and needs to be made denser. Sparse nebula shows its shape badly. Or maybe the geometric shape was lost at the moment of the combining of the two renders due to inconsistencies in lighting.

Interesting. More dense? But that will block more light in general and the scattering will be also less... No?