Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 15, 2017, 01:55:32 PM
Quote from: Martin on August 15, 2017, 01:39:58 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on August 15, 2017, 01:30:01 PM
Nice, that's one wickedly weird ruin you've made....you could likely sell that to Poser/DAZ folks as it looks to have a large number of scene areas in it from the different renders you've user it in. They're always looking for new render area props...just needs conversion to a .pp2 file.
It's not properly optimised yet. It's around 12 million polygons...Though the different parts are optimised, but putting together a whole ruin made it a pretty high poly mesh.

I dig...but both those programs do displacement now so some creative dessication to a lower polycount would solve some problems and add more surface options within those apps...

oh but there is no proper uvw mapping. I mean the exported zbrush files could be uv mapped, but then I use those parts to build bigger buildings and if you want one mesh instead of a hundred you would need to re uvw the whole thing. not to mention I have to bake the normals etc. So most of the job is not done with these models, but because the procedural textures it works like a charm in TG.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 15, 2017, 02:05:09 PM

So most of the job is not done with these models, but because the procedural textures it works like a charm in TG.

I see; well they look fine in TG world so in the final analysis they're perfect, heh heh..again well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 15, 2017, 05:31:46 PM
Quote from: Martin on August 15, 2017, 02:05:09 PM

So most of the job is not done with these models, but because the procedural textures it works like a charm in TG.

I see; well they look fine in TG world so in the final analysis they're perfect, heh heh..again well done.
I'm in love with TG's procedural texturing right now!

eh the render time is getting higher. 3 hours. Could be worse though.

Also the antialiasting. I realised I don't really use a high enough number. What's the highest useful number? Just started using higher values, like 4. Though it's really slowing down the render times.
Should I - can I even use higher values?I should check the free version's limitations.

bobbystahr

I use mpD .5 and AA6 as my default lately and crank up the AA a lot if I have noisy light rays. Oshyan talked me into that on my last road render and it made a huge difference and only doubled the render time IIRC. I think I went to AA11 from the AA6 I started with.
I should add that your having fun shows in a really interesting and varied scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

I sometimes go as high as detail 1 and aa 12! but usually .8 and 8.

Martin

Quote from: mhaze on August 16, 2017, 04:11:29 AM
I sometimes go as high as detail 1 and aa 12! but usually .8 and 8.

Thanks for the answers!
Trying a high antialiasing render right now with a value of 6. Will take some time.

here's two previous render.

Martin

And it didn't make the rendertime that much longer. I like the trees with anti aliasing 6.It makes a visible difference.

Martin

So I realised what's missing. a huge Greek god like statue. : )

So I sculpted a human body in zbrush, posed it and imported to TG. It's a WIP, I had no time and energy to sculpt a beard and clothes. The posing was a bit quick as well, kind of looks like a poser character....(not a big fan of those models)

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Martin on August 17, 2017, 05:40:25 AM

So I sculpted a human body in zbrush, posed it and imported to TG. It's a WIP, I had no time and energy to sculpt a beard and clothes. The posing was a bit quick as well, kind of looks like a poser character....(not a big fan of those models)

The previous renders are again outstanding!
Since you seem to know your way around all of these modelling programs, you might enjoy this link for the 3D scans:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22853.msg231127.html#msg231127

These are great beginnings for some of us as they are scans of existing masters. With your skill you should be able to adapt them for your use. Many of us have been able to use in TG quite successfully.

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 17, 2017, 09:59:16 AM
Quote from: Martin on August 17, 2017, 05:40:25 AM

The previous renders are again outstanding!
Since you seem to know your way around all of these modelling programs, you might enjoy this link for the 3D scans:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22853.msg231127.html#msg231127

These are great beginnings for some of us as they are scans of existing masters. With your skill you should be able to adapt them for your use. Many of us have been able to use in TG quite successfully.

Thanks! This looks good!
Though I prefer my own models. Used to use free models but somehow it feels like cheating. Here's mine- no hair or beard, or clothes, or spear , just the unposed body made from scratch yesterday.
And a morning render.

Martin

And a Jovian moon I made just right now.

Martin

Colourful Night with Planets:)

Martin

Ever thought about what if the Moon was a few...thousand times closer? Nice view.Though the tidal forces would cause a few hundred mile high waves...in the Earth's crust so not so fun afterall

Martin

Hmm Something was odd. Then I realised, I need that moon even closer ; )