Martin's landscapes

Started by Martin, July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Next render is coming later today. This one took almost 4 hours and I've realised I have to tweak the rocks, and lights and textures.

Martin

He's a heavily photoshopped(contrast, colour gradient etc) version. While doing cropped test renders.

bobbystahr

Interesting post work but maybe a tad overdone...looks too bright to me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 19, 2017, 11:46:35 AM
Just playing in photoshop while the fixed version renders.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 19, 2017, 12:02:29 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on August 19, 2017, 11:46:35 AM
Just playing in photoshop while the fixed version renders.

gotcha...I do that as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

working on the foreground

bobbystahr

Quote from: Martin on August 19, 2017, 12:25:14 PM
working on the foreground

great crack network, how'd 'y do the interspersed striations? They work well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

For f*cks sake ,Just finished rendering and before I could save it Terragen has crashed
Managed to grab a screenshot

luvsmuzik

Depending on your unit, This final phase of rendering will often result in a looooooooong thinking phase and then finally snap out of it and complete the render. (Especially if you are using another program that might drain usage simultaneously) 

Oshyan

I like the ultra-close moon images a lot. I agree that the post work, especially blur, is often overdone in these for my taste. I don't know what you mean about "edge blur with older cameras". Sure there is some softness at the edge of less high quality lenses, but at this resolution it is really minor, almost undetectable.

- Oshyan

Martin

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 20, 2017, 03:11:47 PM
Depending on your unit, This final phase of rendering will often result in a looooooooong thinking phase and then finally snap out of it and complete the render. (Especially if you are using another program that might drain usage simultaneously)
no, it already finished rendering, added the ambient occlusion and lens effect, and then a message popped up that terragen has stopped working-pressed print screen- and it closed. While no other program was running- only chatting with someone on facebook. 80% of the memory was unused.
So just random crash again...right after the 7 and a half hour render has finished: S

Martin

Two previous renders.

Martin

Redoing the Icecap. Didn't look realistic. Though that node-network...sigh it's getting complicated so It takes time.

bobbystahr

I'd say  great experiments. I myself have never even had good earth ice so I wouldn't dream of trying extraterrestrial ice....my imagination fails me some daze.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Martin

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 21, 2017, 06:20:17 PM
I'd say  great experiments. I myself have never even had good earth ice so I wouldn't dream of trying extraterrestrial ice....my imagination fails me some daze.
I'm trying to keep it realistic-and scientifically accurate. As Mars only have a tiny amount of atmosphere, I lowered the atmosphere value, but as there's a lot of fine dust in the air, I've used a high value haze- with no sun glaze power and low albedo etc.Also I'm rendering a new picture right now, just realised that one of the distribution layers were not working the way I intended when creating the ice cap displacement, should've been on"using final normals" on the altitude tab.