Finnish Lake

Started by Kranky, September 17, 2007, 06:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

how do I get atmosphere like that??....nice scene overall.....agree with increasing AA
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Kranky

Quote from: NWsenior07 on September 17, 2007, 10:31:04 PM
So this is your first image? I'm impressed, very, very well done! I like your clouds, they turned out quite well and the greenish tint of the water is well done as well.

No, it's not my first image. It is my first image here at Planetside. I created ~3-5 other images with TG2 before.

Quote from: dhavalmistry on September 18, 2007, 10:11:03 AM
how do I get atmosphere like that??....nice scene overall.....agree with increasing AA

I only "pimped" some settings ;) I can upload my cloud settings, if you like.

dhavalmistry

sure that would be great.....also atmosphere settings wont hurt!

NWsenior07

Still for only having 3-5 images under your belt this is quite good. You obviously have some skill with this.

Kranky

Quote from: dhavalmistry on September 18, 2007, 10:18:57 AM
sure that would be great.....also atmosphere settings wont hurt!
Ok, you find the whole atmosphere as clip file in the attachment. But please don't use it copied and pasted in your scenes :)

Quote from: NWsenior07 on September 18, 2007, 10:51:25 AM
Still for only having 3-5 images under your belt this is quite good. You obviously have some skill with this.

A few TG2 pics, but a lot of 0.9er pics - I think about 200 or more ;D the settings in TG2 are not completly new to me :)

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Kranky on September 18, 2007, 12:07:35 PM
Ok, you find the whole atmosphere as clip file in the attachment. But please don't use it copied and pasted in your scenes :)

ofcourse not......just to check the settings and learn :)

and thanx for the clip file...

Volker Harun

I disagree with the increase of rendertime when using finer AA to some degree.

Make a testrender at 480x300 with low and with high AA. It is less difference than you might assume. But the effect is dreamy ,-) Setting the Quality to 0.5 should render your original settings in less than 20 minutes.

dhavalmistry

it may not matter at such a small resolution but I think the render times would increase as you go BIG (1920 x 1200)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Volker Harun

It is about 1.3 times longer when going from AA4 to AA7 - but when decreasing detail blending to 50% you have your time back ,-)

sonshine777

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on September 17, 2007, 07:45:29 AM
That's excellent!! All it needs is sonshine777's canoe.

:D

Tell me how to get there and I'm on my way!  ;)

This is a wonderful image by the way,