Erosion in 4 renders

Started by luvsmuzik, November 10, 2017, 06:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

Nice set, the first one is the most natural looking, that said they all have good qualities about them
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

luvsmuzik

Thanks both.....here ya go bobby...combo for ya...hehe :)

mhaze

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 16, 2018, 11:47:05 PM
Thanks both.....here ya go bobby...combo for ya...hehe :)

perfecto, gracias!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Here is Denis Sirenko's cloud warping method,
2 cloud layers,
warpers scaled to 1/10th all, with transform input,
cloud height  800 and 1200,
altitude 0 and 5. coverage -0.3,
edge sharpness 40 and 50.
density 0.001 and 0.002
For my purposes radius is 10,000.

luvsmuzik

WIP adding to previous render

Now with 5 cloud layers, 2 for flames, 3 smoke junk, render time at 30 minutes. Adding previous features little by little.

WAS

I wonder if some Y stretching may effect a localized cloud like it does a sphere. It stretching the mid area a bit. It would add height to the fire. If not maybe a smaller scale would make more realistic flames with a depth modulator following the flame detail (though this will increase render time).

luvsmuzik

Yes, it can be done that way. DandelO  :)did one of the first that I saw done. I put a link to that file for you in my Scene from the Observatory where you first asked this. The file is in a post titled Sorry Marc_Orange County. It is titled such because he basically destroys Marc Gebhart's trees in a forest fire. I do believe file was done around the time of one the US west coast famous forest fires.

I know the type stretching you mean like some do tree bark or wood planks, PFs are very useful, hey? Of course ya gotta have some noise.... :)

luvsmuzik

Still using Denis Sirenko's nebula warp
Erosion Classic flow, wear, and water maps to RGB
masked fake stone distribution

Needs a smoke plume or fumage (just found the files for those  :))

Dune

Hannes

Looks like hell! ;) Cool isn't the right word. Hot!

luvsmuzik

Thanks all!

Another POV with more maps

luvsmuzik

New erosion WIP

Changing cloudy sky to sun with soft shadows next render, 45 min render so far , atmo haze at 4

luvsmuzik

Changed haze and activated soft shadows.

This is an old TG9 terrain, imported for Classic Erosion plugin. Notice I was able to use a single population of trees for the entire terrain. Yay!