T2 Technology "preview?"

Started by SpiderPig, September 21, 2007, 08:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderPig

Ok, I've used T9 for a while now, and have grown accustom to the GUI of it. I'm still not quite sure exactly what all the setting do, but I accomplish great renders now and again. Today I downloaded T2 and am rendering an over the clouds type scene at 800*600. From what I can tell it might take like 10 times as long using T2 than T9,[insanity] this being the case (if it is true, I'll find out soon) Should I just wait for the full version of T2? Does planetside plan do do something about these render times?

Also when is the full release due?

I'm not so sure about the learning curve of T2, I'm thinking mojoworld might be an alternative.
Thanks for any Ideas or comments

dhavalmistry

yes this is just the testing period....think as if you are in beta testing of a game or program......

there are plans to improve and implement a lot of features during this testing period

and the clouds in T0.9 were not volumetric where as the clouds in TG2 are volumetric and that is why the render times might be longer than you would expect....

and ya...welcome aboard! :)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

chadkruger

Full release is planned for the end of the year.  And yes, render times are one the the things that will be addressed as progress is made.

Cyber-Angel

Is it just me or is any one else thinking December 15th as a possible date (Could be sooner)? My understanding of a Technology Preview is technology test bed which is at a more advanced stage than Alpha but has not yet reached a state of being ready for beta release which is the stage before Release Candidate (RC) and final release if we are still in Alpha then it is what known as a Public Alpha, Splutter Fish did this with the Brazil Render System getting it used in real life settings and receiving feedback on it which was feed back into development.

Regards to you

Cyber-Angel       

Dark Fire

I think that speed improvements will come last before TG2 is properly released - getting existing features working properly and adding new features seems to be the main objective at the moment. That's normally the way I write my software - features first, cleaning up the messy code later (or never ;)).