Vector displacement from arbitrary geometry : Houdini to Terragen

Started by paq, December 21, 2017, 02:55:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Artice-3d

Thanks Paq, now it will be a whole new dimention for terrains creation!!!  8) :o ;)

--------------------------------------------

Paq about luminance... You need to create a glow shader in material browser and assign it to your flatten object, to create model without diffuse, shadow and reflection stuff.. I'll post images a bit later!!

paq

Gameloft

Artice-3d

No problem!!!   ::) ;) ;D  If you'll have any questions, ask me  ;) !!!  8)

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Artice-3d

Quote from: Hetzen on January 07, 2018, 02:25:20 pm
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 07, 2018, 09:06:10 am
Great thread guys!

Agree! Very art 'directable'.

That's the most clever answer my friend..  :o ::) ;)  That's why i need this, to create what i want  ::) 8) 

Artice-3d

Paq hello! Do you know how to relax uv after pelting?? Smooth SOP and point relaxing doesn't relax much!!!  ::) ;)

paq

Hi Artice,

No, I don't know.
Well you can indeed smooth the point position after the uv's to mesh transfer.

Never get any result from the relax, but smooth can do a very good job, if you set quality on 1, and strength pretty high (100 - 500 - 1500).
The other operator is the attribute blur, but I don't think it will help you better than the smooth one.

Gameloft

Artice-3d

Thanks Paq i tried already all this stuff with no success, but it's ok.. thanks for answer!!  ;) ;D

iaminonsiner

Really nice tool ! But you talk about houdini... can I do the same in another software like Blender ? Do you have a tutorial so I can try this at home?