Kadri cliff WIP

Started by Kadri, April 07, 2018, 02:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Well done Kadri. I really like this. The model fits in perfectly and I'm intrigued to know why it was built there and what it does. Great scifi!

Kadri

Thanks guys.

Above i mentioned the flocking creatures that i couldn't make because of problems.
I should get some sleep but i got curious and made some tests.
This is the old thread about the problem (if it is the same one):
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21503.msg216279.html#msg216279

[attach=1]

I haven't read all what we wrote in that thread, but it looks like the same problem happens
even if you only change the values in the "Area rotation" option in the populator itself (with the object Transform values unchanged).

This is with Windows 10 64bit, Terragen 4.1.18 64 bit.
The same problem was in 4.1.15.   I installed 4.1.18  just because of this problem yesterday.
Is this the same old bug?

j meyer

Kadri

Thanks.

I was nearly going to use this. Just wasn't sure about the red colour.
But i like this one too. There is a little contrast and sharpening.

Hannes

Wow, the last version is incredible!! You didn't submit this one?

archonforest

AWESOME! I like this one a bit better.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kadri

Thanks.

Quote from: Hannes on April 11, 2018, 03:24:14 PM
Wow, the last version is incredible!! You didn't submit this one?

No. I didn't. The other one looks, to me at least, just a little bit more realistic.
But this one does have more...punch or whatever you could call probably.
I liked both of them. Choosing one was hard unfortunately.

Oshyan

I really love what you came up with here. One of the things that sets apart a great image from just a nice one is telling a story, and it can be very hard to do without human characters, or at least animals, etc. You've succeeded in doing that here with a simple structure, and that's been a hallmark of much of your work in recent years, including the incredible planet-spanning structures in your VR challenge submission which are still some of my favorites. This one reminds me for some reason of the cliff-side structures constructed within the walls of the Valles Marineris on Mars in Kim Stanley Robinson's "Mars" trilogy... and that's a very good thing to be reminded of. :)

- Oshyan

Dune

The bug is still there. I had it a few days back when I wanted to populate small stones on a vertical plane; they all sat in rows.

J_Con

Inspiring. Looks like somewhere Riddick would visit.

Kadri

Thanks all.

Quote from: Oshyan on April 12, 2018, 01:03:29 AM
...One of the things that sets apart a great image from just a nice one is telling a story, and it can be very hard to do without human characters, or at least animals, etc. You've succeeded in doing that here with a simple structure...

Sometimes it happens by accident and i am not shy to admit that. But here i tried to get such a feeling.
Sweet that it gave you that feeling. The basic "Cliff structures" name was deliberate too .

Quote from: Oshyan on April 12, 2018, 01:03:29 AM
... This one reminds me for some reason of the cliff-side structures constructed within the walls of the Valles Marineris on Mars in Kim Stanley Robinson's "Mars" trilogy...

Still on my reading list.

Quote from: Dune on April 12, 2018, 01:33:16 AM
The bug is still there. I had it a few days back when I wanted to populate small stones on a vertical plane; they all sat in rows.

Thanks for confirming Ulco.

Quote from: J_Con on April 12, 2018, 02:26:15 AM
Inspiring. Looks like somewhere Riddick would visit.

Ahaha...When i tried to put the flock of small flying creatures i thought for a second if this "will this kind of remind the Riddick movies"  actually. Haven't seen it since many years.

Kadri

I wanted to see the scene a little closer(except colour nothing changed).

Dune

Very nice. Btw. did you make this 'simply' by tilting the camera? I would do that if you 'just' have a cliff, no ground.

Kadri

Yes just got closer and tilted the camera. The cliff is a displaced Terragen cube object Ulco.