Colour Picking / Contrast Slider bug (Clouds)

Started by WAS, April 15, 2018, 04:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

When you pick a new colour (for clouds), the colour you are picking has a saturation level based on the initial colour contrast slider bar. When you click "OK" on a new colour, the colour contrast slider bar automatically adjusts, but changes the colour you picked. You have to copy the initial colour contrast and paste it in after changing the colour to get the exact hue you picked.

Haven't tested this with anything else as I'm stepping away for now but it is kinda annoying having a second step to just simply picking a colour. It's especially annoying when copying colours over to another cloud layer, not only remembering the RGB values, but contrast level.

cyphyr

FYI you can drag and drop the colour swatch from any node into another nodes colour swatch.
Easy way to replicate colours :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Kadri

Quote from: cyphyr on April 15, 2018, 07:49:36 PM
FYI you can drag and drop the colour swatch from any node into another nodes colour swatch.

Arrrgg! I didn't know that  :o  ;D

WAS

Quote from: cyphyr on April 15, 2018, 07:49:36 PM

Not sure I exactly understand? The colour box before selecting color, with another node open with "stay open"?

Still added steps. I'd prefer the bug fixed (at some point), it clearly is basing the colour you pick based on the previous colours contrast. Than, for some strange reason, changes the contrast slider a bit, sometimes a lot..

Matt

The colour picker only works with discrete values from 0 to 255. This means there may be a small difference between the value you start with and the value you get back out of the colour picker, as it is rounded to the nearest value that can be represented on this 0..255 scale. The difference is very small. I don't think anyone can see the difference between adjacent levels on this scale unless the two colours are right next to each other in solid bands.

I would like to add a floating point colour picker.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on April 19, 2018, 07:51:14 PM
The colour picker only works with discrete values from 0 to 255. This means there may be a small difference between the value you start with and the value you get back out of the colour picker, as it is rounded to the nearest value that can be represented on this 0..255 scale. The difference is very small. I don't think anyone can see the difference between adjacent levels on this scale unless the two colours are right next to each other in solid bands.

I would like to add a floating point colour picker.

Matt

Well, when you are working, you can very noticeably see the difference in the final colour from the colour in the picker to the adjusted colour after the contrast/gamma slider adjusts. This is not something I've seen in any program. Picking a color, or entering color codes is an exacting process. It should not be adjusted in any scenario unless manual.