Did I just make an asteroid belt??.....

Started by dhavalmistry, September 29, 2007, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

This is gotta be some kinda glitch......I was bored and waiting for the other render to finish and started messing around with populations.

I added a sphere population and populated the 1000 x 1000 area and I am certainly not using any blending mask to give it a circular shape

I have also found out that higher the reference object of the populator, higher the population instances are populated.....

any insights???
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

dhavalmistry

more pics

rcallicotte

My hope is that someday we can create populations of spheres to create raindrops (with transparency), but I think there are a few things out of kilter with the populations of spheres.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

Dark Fire

That looks interesting. Try doing a proper render and see what it looks like.

Quote from: calico on September 29, 2007, 12:45:59 PM
My hope is that someday we can populations of spheres to create raindrops (with transparency), but I think there are a few things out of kilter with the populations of spheres.
I'd love to be able to to raindrops too.

dhavalmistry

looks like sphere populations does have glitches after all......

none of the spheres are rendering.....

Seth

Oshyan

Sphere populations do have issues. I believe the "asteroid belt" you got happens when you move the source object of a population.

- Oshyan

peejay

yes I've had the 'asteroid belt' effect by accident with a tree population, and it rendered, (thanks to Oshyan for putting me right on it.) It happened when, as Oshyan says, I moved both the population and the original object

But that means we can have asteroid belts if we use populations of modelled rocks instead of spheres doesn't it?
adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

dhavalmistry

Quote from: peejay on October 03, 2007, 12:59:38 PM
yes I've had the 'asteroid belt' effect by accident with a tree population, and it rendered, (thanks to Oshyan for putting me right on it.) It happened when, as Oshyan says, I moved both the population and the original object

But that means we can have asteroid belts if we use populations of modelled rocks instead of spheres doesn't it?

very likely...I think I have a rock like model (one of the moon of mars)...I will give it a try but I doubt it will work....

child@play

My hope is that someday we can create populations of spheres to create raindrops (with transparency), but I think there are a few things out of kilter with the populations of spheres.

hi all, calico, tried that some tima ago and got a render out of this ( raindrops), but with no pleasing result. i got comparable results when using a cloud fractal as the populations density shader by accident once. maybe i can dig out the file when i'm back at my pc and online at home again. if i saved it at all, that is...

cheers...

perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

rcallicotte

Hey!  Where have you been?  I've missed your experimentation and general fun.

Quote from: child@play on October 19, 2007, 02:55:03 PM

hi all, calico, tried that some tima ago and got a render out of this ( raindrops), but with no pleasing result. i got comparable results when using a cloud fractal as the populations density shader by accident once. maybe i can dig out the file when i'm back at my pc and online at home again. if i saved it at all, that is...

cheers...

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

child@play

perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

dhavalmistry

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.