New name for Easy Clouds?

Started by Matt, August 09, 2016, 08:28:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pokoy

I agree that Param C doesn't make much sense and all parameters need to get proper names, any beginner without knowing the cloud feature's history will have no way to tell what it does.
Param B is greyed out...does it make any sense to keep it then?

WAS

Quote from: pokoy on April 27, 2018, 08:54:24 am
I agree that Param C doesn't make much sense and all parameters need to get proper names, any beginner without knowing the cloud feature's history will have no way to tell what it does.
Param B is greyed out...does it make any sense to keep it then?


The actual use of Param C hasn't been fully dialed in. It's effects not fully understood, I think by Matt and the community, which is why it's there for us to test.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

Mid-Knight Acchan

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/atmos/blusky.html

I am glad that this calculation is the parameter B and the parameter C, but I could not understand what effect it was just by testing.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Mid-Knight Acchan on April 30, 2018, 09:46:56 am
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/atmos/blusky.html

I am glad that this calculation is the parameter B and the parameter C, but I could not understand what effect it was just by testing.


Interesting site. :) You figure out the clouds, I shall see about DOF and f stops. In high school physics, I think I got about as far as Newton's Third Law.  :)  As I am old and gray, following the US space program develop over the years, I soon found I could never be an astronaut as I get vertigo occasionally. How disappointed was I.

WAS

Quote from: fleetwood on August 11, 2016, 08:23:53 am
Generic


Actually, that's a pretty good description. Like generics in the market, they often lack features/flexibility/control of the brand names. Easy Clouds, fit this bill nicely. They work great, but lack the finer control of v2/3.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

Mid-Knight Acchan

http://www-ljk.imag.fr/Publications/Basilic/com.lmc.publi.PUBLI_Inproceedings@117681e94b6_1e9c7f4/clouds.pdf

It is an additional document.
Introduction of "multiple scattering" seems to be very successful if you look at these materials!
However, I do not know how Terragen calculates it (: D

WAS

May 01, 2018, 03:19:00 am #51 Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 03:33:24 am by WASasquatch
Quote from: Mid-Knight Acchan on May 01, 2018, 02:15:49 am
http://www-ljk.imag.fr/Publications/Basilic/com.lmc.publi.PUBLI_Inproceedings@117681e94b6_1e9c7f4/clouds.pdf

It is an additional document.
Introduction of "multiple scattering" seems to be very successful if you look at these materials!
However, I do not know how Terragen calculates it (: D


Whoa, information overload! Thanks for posting this! *Bookmarked*

One thing I've wanted to see is surface refraction scattering from bright surfaces.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE