PoseRay help with object

Started by WAS, April 30, 2018, 07:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I found this rock pine I wanted to check out, but it seems the "export" of the obj is broken. Is there a way to fix it? There appears to be only one group. I still don't have 3DS Max so no hope of reconverting.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/realistic-stone-pine-obj/857432

Kadri

Try the FBX version Luvsmuzik. OBJ is one surface as it looks.

luvsmuzik

Had to drag it in as fbx to get two textures, bark and needles. Be done soon have to make a green needle texture, all it had was the mask.

Kadri

:)

My OBJ export was too big. 500 Mb. Curious how yours will be.

WAS

I totally forgot FBX can by loaded in Blender, and I just uninstalled it to download PoseRay (64gb max on this compute stick and USB is slooooow). Ironic. I always figured FBX/3DS were proprietary to their applications. x.x Woops.

Quote from: Kadri on April 30, 2018, 08:48:56 PM
:)

My OBJ export was too big. 500 Mb. Curious how yours will be.

Well that's... what? lol

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 30, 2018, 08:47:03 PM
Had to drag it in as fbx to get two textures, bark and needles. Be done soon have to make a green needle texture, all it had was the mask.

Hopefully it's not 500mb. That's odd. If that's the case I don't think it's thaaat important to have. Lol

luvsmuzik

Haha..sent you a link. It does have LOTS of needles  :)

luvsmuzik

I tried it in TG4 and it loaded fine. The texture is not so hot, kind of a snowy version now, but PS should fix that quick or just an on hand needle and mask from another obj.

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 30, 2018, 09:38:56 PM
I tried it in TG4 and it loaded fine. The texture is not so hot, kind of a snowy version now, but PS should fix that quick or just an on hand needle and mask from another obj.

Being so fine (small) it might be appropriate to just use the alpha mask and use a PF or two for colour.

Just gotta get my transparency on spot.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WASasquatch on April 30, 2018, 11:58:44 PM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on April 30, 2018, 09:38:56 PM

Being so fine (small) it might be appropriate to just use the alpha mask and use a PF or two for colour.

Just gotta get my transparency on spot.

Use both images in file and I made default color green in the white square. Seemed to fill the gaps. I also used a brown default for the bark along with texture image. :)
If you don't like it as a tree, use as fill, like a cedar bush. :)

WAS

I'm just wondering why transparency isn't playing well. Wonder if the needles are there too dense. Little too much light blotting.