Pine Forest

Started by nvseal, October 01, 2007, 09:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

Trying a population after getting deep. 0.8 render quality. I did an auto-level in Paint.net for post work.

Mr_Lamppost

Just about to go off line for the night but are those the X-Frog pines?  I take it that's a "Managed Forrest" because of the evenness of the population.  No crit intended Managed forests look like that.

Pleased to see that you are enjoying the DEEP edition; did you get animation?  It would be cool to see a zoom into one of your earth type planets.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

rcallicotte

I like this a lot.  Good perspective, good lighting and nice geometry.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on October 01, 2007, 10:38:24 PM
Just about to go off line for the night but are those the X-Frog pines?  I take it that's a "Managed Forrest" because of the evenness of the population.  No crit intended Managed forests look like that.

Pleased to see that you are enjoying the DEEP edition; did you get animation?  It would be cool to see a zoom into one of your earth type planets.

Yeah, those are the X-Frog pines. I'm afraid I didn't get animation -- too cheap  ;).

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

It looks quite good - the detail of the trees are pretty nice, but I think that a little more height variation would have been nice, even for a managed forest.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Mr_Lamppost

Sorry forgot to say I liked it ;D The sky is Very nice.

As I understand it you can always add animation later.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.